Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Time For A Change

mapper65

Hi guys, after owning an Xterra 705 for over 6 years I made a mutual decision with my brother, Hotrod53 to buy an E-TRAC. Although not my best year for silver this was one of my better years for silver finds with the 705.

There are 4 705's in our family and we really like the detector but...I feel like I've mastered it and also feel a little limited by the technology. I had kicked the idea around many times to what I'd rather not use the term "upgrade" because the 705 is a great detector in it's class but I think the single frequency is one of the limiting elements in some situations but may also be beneficial under some circumstances.

I'm part way through Andy Sabisch's book and I've also added his coin program into the Etrac as one of my options to use. Today my brother and I hit a site that we've been going to for years. He's been going there for probably 20 some years or more. There has been everything from 2 cent pieces to flying eagles to half dimes recovered from this location. Now I can't say that we were expecting the leave this site today with pockets full of coins but we were going to be surprised if the site produced any finds at all. We had all but given up after the last few trips to this location.

As much as I'd like to say that we walked out with 10 coins that wasn't the case and that's ok. This place has been hit HARD. We did find a couple of clad coins, two pocket watches and a religious medallion. All of these items were in areas that we're sure we've gone over in the countless trips to this property. We can't expect to be proficient with the Etrac on day one and there may still be stuff there but that fact that we pulled a few more items out of there after the last few trips to this site produced nothing is still impressive. I'm scratching my head a little about the pocket watches but I suspect that maybe they were on edge or surrounded by other metals that the 705 either gave us a bad readings or no readings. I run very little discrimination on the 705 so it's hard to say what happened there. You can't cover every inch so maybe they were just missed after what could have been 20 trips with sometimes 4 people running detectors.

Ok, just wanted to introduce myself over on this forum and I look forward to sharing information with you guys.

Welcome Mapper! The X-1 and X-5 should have you smiling in NO time. And the eTrac itself will have you smiling even more,you will learn to love it!

Hi like me your new to the etrac I bought a used one in aug and found a silver Washington right away!
Then as I hunted more with it the finds became better my first gold coin 1911 half eagle! a seated dime nov was a great month for me!
Good hunting I won't say good luck because you won't need it with an Etrac!

Thanks guys! Mkus, that's a sweet find. I checked out the picture. We hunted a property last year where the owner told us that he recovered a $5 gold coin from the back yard. When we asked to see it he said, "I'm not sure where I put it".

That may be a once in a lifetime find. Let's hope not!

mapper65 said:
Thanks guys! Mkus, that's a sweet find. I checked out the picture. We hunted a property last year where the owner told us that he recovered a $5 gold coin from the back yard. When we asked to see it he said, "I'm not sure where I put it".

That may be a once in a lifetime find. Let's hope not!
g
Thanks I really think that you can't beat the Etrac I've found so much more with this
Machine and nov has been my best month!
I have been hunting a beach by me every night the highwinds combined with high tides have
been uncovering coins all over the beach!!!
Im just walking the beach with my detector but mostly just picking up coins got two mercs this week!
And a ton of clad coins.
My gold coin was found at a park right next to a well hunted beach but it seems not the park! Lol.

Congrats on the upgrade! I bet we are hunting the same spots lol like the one where they have the reenactments every year,that spot still had quite a few quality finds left last year, we hit it with ctxs,HH