Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Time to put a way my toys

Like it or not it is COLD out side and It is time to put away my toys.
I will be ready to try for 1000 pre 1957 coins in 2008
COLD is to much for my old bones.
Time to read old maps, newpaper,library and talk to the old folks like me.
MERRY XMAS AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR RO ALL

Yep..cold here also. Maybe locate some good sights for next year.... Good luck on your research !.

Cold here as well. Had two days of snow and now rain is melting it away. But not to worry. We have more snow on the way!
Gives me time to research some new areas to MD in.:detecting:
obert R

Cold here as well. Had two days of snow and now rain is melting it away. But not to worry. We have more snow on the way!
Gives me time to research some new areas to MD in.:detecting:
Robert R

its not cold yet. me and my 13yr old wet out this morning plat in the mud.fought bunch dimes and pennies but nothing old.it wont be long until mine is put up.merry xmas to all look forward to keep talking on here to every one,

The season is just started for me and will last till the temps approach upper 80s - 90. California weather - allows hunting between any rains and don't get to much frozen ground for extended periods in my area. Guess I do the opposite here...

Ground never freezes here(Northern Louisiana). We will get a few days of really cold nasty weather between now and February but it passes and warms back up.
But the summers here with the high humidity is not nice.
Im gonna order the book, "Taking a Closer Look at Metal Detector Discrimination." When we hit some of those nasty cold days,I will grab some red oak firewood,build a good fire in the fire place and read that book this winter.
Merry Christmas,
John

you echo my sentiments exactly!..i will be doing the same thing!..hang ;em up,and wake 'em up in the spring!

happy holidays to all,and to all,may you "pop" that gold coin next year!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Yeah, here in Bama we just get started too, from now until May. In May it starts to warm up enough that the snakes become a problem again and the poison ivy and ticks will drive you out of the woods as well. I hunted through last summer and got 5 cases of Poison Ivy. Won't be doing that again.

Man.you guys from Chicago are tuff ! LOL

I need dynomite to get in to this ground plus it is so cold and with all the ICE.
I just can't do it ......DFX you are one coin hunting man.

I work overnights do not wear a coat...one of the guys said to me..."how the hell do you not wear a coat"? I said this is nothing go out metal detecting for 3 hours and dig holes in this weather"! He just gave me a weird look!:rofl:

Here is what I am counting on....the snow/ice melting...right now rain is pouring down...if it does freeze up tomorrow... Next week's forecast has 2 days in upper 30's!:detecting: I looked at my log from last year and it seems I should get a few good shots in before year ends.... January here last year was a dream...30's doubt that will happen again this year...