Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

time to take a week or so off the "nox " forum

Seems like the buzz is now down to a trickle.

calabash digger said:
A top secret air test ! WOW what is the world of detecting coming to? If its so great and I hope it is .WHY would they not them release it a air test???
I saw a CONFIDENTIAL report from a prominent poster on this forum. His air test with the Equinox was unbelievable compared to the CTX and Excalibur on gold with beach setting.
Those who pre-orderd will not be disappointed!!![/

There are a lot of people who have had an opportunity to play with the new Equinox and just can not say anything publicly at the moment. This air test compared the Excalibur, and
the CTX against the Equinox on various small gold and several rings. Well the Equinox spanked the both of them. Sad for me. I canceled my order in November.

beegees said:
"The hoard was discovered in July by Englishman Terry Herbert, who was using a metal detector he bought more than a decade ago in a jumble sale for only a few pounds (dollars). He belongs to a local metal detecting club in Staffordshire and was just out enjoying his hobby when he made the find." link

What exactly is your point? That being able to better ID a single at max depth is a useless endevour? You are confusing the targets of "luck" with a target of effort. Anybody can walk around and find an find coins, even $100 bills on the ground if you are in the right place at the right time. That has absolutely nothing to do with metal detecting.

Jason in Enid said:
"The hoard was discovered in July by Englishman Terry Herbert, who was using a metal detector he bought more than a decade ago in a jumble sale for only a few pounds (dollars). He belongs to a local metal detecting club in Staffordshire and was just out enjoying his hobby when he made the find." link

What exactly is your point? That being able to better ID a single at max depth is a useless endevour? You are confusing the targets of "luck" with a target of effort. Anybody can walk around and find an find coins, even $100 bills on the ground if you are in the right place at the right time. That has absolutely nothing to do with metal detecting.

Well said

beegees said:
I've seen videos of Calabash spending multiple days repeatedly combing over the same location with different frequencies each time. Are his finds really about equipment and luck or more likely wisdom and determination? How many people will actually blanket a spot that thoroughly before moving on?

You are correct that most don't. I do it on my sites buts that because I'm greedy and I wont stop until I'm fairly certain I've cleaned out a site. I spent one entire year hunting a site until I had covered it completely several times. It gets boring the last hunt through but there are always that rare, occasional token or wheaty that keeps you going.