Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiny hammered coin.

Nauti

Just thought i'd post a photo of a small hammered coin to show how small some of the foins are that we find over here.This is an Edward 111 farthing from around 1335- 1343.I pladed it on a dime so you can get a sense of scale.

Yes that’s small great find like half dime size nice!

700 year old Silver - well done !

Nice very nice !! I will never forget my first proper Farthing, Eddie the first Irish. Well done Mate!!
HH Jeff

The "Nine Day's Queen" who ordered a penny made for the common people-but do not know if it was made--have to be rare if it was.
Always wondered if any were made, lost, and found using a detector.
A Story in Searcher was about a guy in a city going through a path in an area with trees and grass--got a signal, dug--and it was a tiny gold penny
made under some Medieval king. It may have been a 1 of a kind thing.
At the inquest he received nothing--because he had no permission to hunt (and that coin was worth a LOT!)

Howdy Nauti Neil--

That IS a small coin! Congratulations on your good find and great detecting! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Cheers Blind Squirrel......i hope to post more finds as and when i have some time to get out with my detector......i thought as i got older i would have more time for myself which isn't proving to be the case:)

Congratulations that's a really awesome find....something tells me I won't find anything like that in the midwest parks here. Lol actually not sure I could contain myself if I found something 700 old here. Pretty much copper culture would be my only shot.

I get excited and have to clean my shorts when I find a coin from the 1800's. :rofl: I can't even imagine find one from the 1300's. :surprised: and boy is that tiny!!!! Congratulations on a super find!

Congrats on a great find! That is really small...