Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiny Things Detected with the Equinox 800 and 15” coil

LawrencetheMDer

I have 3 recent finds I’d like to share with you that demonstrate the sensitivity of the Equinox 800 and 15” coil. I have been using this combination for the past 3 years in the Gulf surf and dry sand.

The first is a wire type ring, found in 3 ft of water, that measures 0.25g. I’m talking as light as rings get. Composition is unknown as the ring isn’t marked (might be too small for mark), but it is a gold color. Air testing demonstrates an unstable VID of 1-14 and depth of detection of only 1-2 inches (Beach 2, Sensitivity 19).

The second target is an as thin as you can get 17” 14k gold chain with a small (≤ 0.5”) 14k pendant. It weighs only 1.96g. The thin gold chain was found in dry sand and has a VID of 1-3 scratchy, and depth of detection of only 1-2 inches .

The third target is an as thin as you can get 925 silver 15 inch child’s chain and small (≤ 0.5”) pendant with clear stones. It weighs 1.69g. It has a VID of 11-13 and depth of detection of 5 inches. It was found under several inches of dry sand.

All three of these targets could have been easily missed if I hadn’t kept my coil skimming the sand or bottom. The 2 chains were found at the same popular beach (for metal detectorists) and I highly suspect they were missed by other dry sand hunters. Also, VID numbers provided little information and were unstable because of the near threshold of the targets. They did provide reliable auditory signals within their depth of detection.

Happy hunting
Smallest ring 25.jpg
Gold Chain and pendant.jpg
Silver chain and pendant.jpg

Gold/Platinum – 16

Silver – 31

Coins ≥ 1500

I wonder what the VID numbers would be if these were in soil? I’m new to Eq 800 not minelabs’ thanks