Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tips for Virginia's red soil needed

n/t

I'm familiar with the mineralized red dirt in Louisiana. From the snaps of DIV I've seen it ranges from red to almost burgundy.

n/t

We got some ground here in Appomattox where my F75 GB at 83 and the fe .3, My brother cant even get his Tejon to GB at this site... still to negative

I would love to see how it performs in your soil with a DD HOT coil. That concentric coil may be part of the problem with the depth but i'd really like to know for sure. I'm not asking for you to go to the trouble to make anther video, just try the experiment again with a DD coil.

Julien

There may be an internal pot for that, Monte would probably know... but if it is not usable in your ground the Tesoro people can probably increase the top end range of the GB for you if you ask them, probably for free and without voiding the warranty. The GB on most detectors isn't nearly as important in disc as it is in AM (Fisher says that about the F75) and he can probably hunt there with it maxed and just get a little falsing...

It's always something...

Julien

I just got back from a trip to some of Northern VA's red mineralized soil... was hunting with an Etrac. Anyone care to compare the Etrac/Explorer series to the V3, Tesoro, and F75 in these conditions? While I noticed the sensitivity was somewhat lower than I am used to in PA, other than that nothing else seemed out of the ordinary. One nail was dug at 10", so it was getting some depth... maybe it was just ignorance on my part never having worked in those conditions though????

Yes I realize that this may start another brand war, that is NOT my intent.... just want to hear some experiences with all types of machines in these conditions. :)