Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tips on falsing issue...lesson learned

magic

I was out hunting a little today trying out the new V3i I just got. I was hunting in a park close to home that has been pounded and just was mainly testing out the machine. I hunted for about 5 minutes and everything was smooth as can be. Then just like someone turned on a switch, the V3i started falsing like crazy. It didnt do it in the air, just on the ground. So I started with turning down the disc. from 93 to 90...didnt help. Turned it down to 85. Didnt help. Turned it down to 80 and lowered my Rx gain by two. Still didnt help. I pinpointed in the air and it was quiet so I thought that maybe my D2 had gone south. I changed coils to the 6x10 and it did the same thing. Something was just not right. I had hunted this place hundreds of times and never had this problem. I finally went through my settings from the beginning and I found something that I didnt realize... I had my frequency offset at +2 from my last hunt where I needed it to offset some emi. I changed it back to zero and it worked perfectly after that.

I would have thought that by having the wrong offset would have given me noise when I was holding the pinpoint but it didnt. It was really quiet at +2 offset when I pinpointed in the air. Thats what threw me off a little.

I also noticed that I zoomed on sensitivity to show my signal and noise numbers and I noticed that when I sweep, my noise goes from zero% and bounces all the way up to 225% at times. The detector is really stable and runs great but the noise % keeps bouncing. It doesn't affect my detecting or finding stuff, just wondered why it would do this.

That is strange,why it would even read that high.Was it 22.5% perhaps?I never tried swinging with the sensitivity screen zoomed.

BHNugget said:
That is strange,why it would even read that high.Was it 22.5% perhaps?I never tried swinging with the sensitivity screen zoomed.

It was definitely 225%. I would be very interested in what others get on the noise screen while in sensitivity screen zoomed and swinging through a spot.
It did this with both the D2 and the 6x10.

Could you be in some kind of "fill" dirt that has a fresher mixed matrix? I have a spot that was filled in repeatedly from the '40's through the early '60's that is really bouncy and has patches that act like that. With the V3i (and a lot more experience) all is straight forward and know exactly where these spots are. Is there a patchy pattern with that loss? I'll check and see what the numbers are exactly. (225%.........don't remember that high though?)

used it for a few minutes today at a similar site, a place I have pounded to death and in a part of it I have particularly pounded... I never find anything in this part of the site anymore... until today. The V3 got a small lead RR baggage tag (and two cut square nails). I had just been ovet he same area with a T2 and an Omega... the V3 was giving me a lot of signals but most sounded false... however, there is the baggage tag. I was using the SEF 8x6, the D2 is just too much at this place. The T2 with disc=0 really sounds like a machine gun. I am happy with the V3 even though I cannot quite understand it. I am going to send it in for the upgrade and to have my coils checked. I am finding stuff but I am getting WAY too many signals. I also have my offset on +2. I will go back tomorrow to the same site and try changing it around... I guess thats the thing about the V3, there are so many things tah you can change and, as for me.. I forget what i've changed and when I get into correlate... I am way over my head... but I need to block out these cut square nails. This is a good machine, it makes finds and it has a GOOD VDI at depth, or shallow for that matter.

Thanks again!

Julien

magic said:
It was definitely 225%. I would be very interested in what others get on the noise screen while in sensitivity screen zoomed and swinging through a spot.
It did this with both the D2 and the 6x10.

I went to the park Ive been hunting tonight and swung around for a while with the sensitivity screen zoomed.As long as I did the noise percentage stayed at 0%.:shrug: