Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TNsharpshooter on Youtube anyone watch his Comparisons especially on the Nokta Makro Legend?

Looking at this hobby from wife’s point of view.
Im going to give you a metal rod and i want you to spend hours a day swinging it back and forth inches at a time across the whole park or beach in 100 degree temps, dig a bunch of holes, pick up all the garbage buried in the ground nobody can see, and btw if come across any pennies you can keep them.

I watched a few. It seems he thinks his opinions are fact and that he is the only one who just reports the truth. I really wanted to get more info on the Legend but got tired of sifting through what he was trying to prove. He and Calabasheverything both seem to think they are the ultimate sources of information on metal detectors. Some of their testing is interesting but for me, not organized well.

I watched a few. It seems he thinks his opinions are fact and that he is the only one who just reports the truth. I really wanted to get more info on the Legend but got tired of sifting through what he was trying to prove. He and Calabasheverything both seem to think they are the ultimate sources of information on metal detectors. Some of their testing is interesting but for me, not organized well.
So i have to check it out now
What is the actual name on youtube?

The key to success is knowledge! TNSS puts his own time in to provide lots of info that otherwise wouldn’t get brought to attention. Detector strengths and weaknesses. I have more than 40 years in this hobby and I must say I still learn things from others. HH Tony
The key to success is to work through a new detector yourself and not rely on random people on the internet. Granted, not everything he highlights is incorrect (a broken clock is right twice a day), but run the tests yourself that are worth running and see if you get different results. The only thing bigger than his draw is his ego, he puts in time so people like you can place him on a pedestal and feed that hungry ego of his. He goes into tests with an endstate in mind and structures the tests to get a result he is looking for. But hey, if it works for you then that is all that matters.

A detectorist will learn more getting off the bench and spending that first 50-100 hours digging all those iffy and weird signals to see what the machine is doing. That will give you more detector knowledge than watching contrived bench testing. Both those Shillbillys aren't in the hobby for detecting, they are in it for bench testing to feed their egos.

The key to success is to work through a new detector yourself and not rely on random people on the internet. Granted, not everything he highlights is incorrect (a broken clock is right twice a day), but run the tests yourself that are worth running and see if you get different results. The only thing bigger than his draw is his ego, he puts in time so people like you can place him on a pedestal and feed that hungry ego of his. He goes into tests with an endstate in mind and structures the tests to get a result he is looking for. But hey, if it works for you then that is all that matters.

A detectorist will learn more getting off the bench and spending that first 50-100 hours digging all those iffy and weird signals to see what the machine is doing. That will give you more detector knowledge than watching contrived bench testing. Both those Shillbillys aren't in the hobby for detecting, they are in it for bench testing to feed their egos.
RIGHT ON!!!