Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

To buy a Nox or not?

jd88047

I own the Etrac, F75, and AT Pro. I dont have a lot of hours on etrac, but all three machines work really well. Has anyone here went for the Nox800 after using the etrac?

I went from CTX to ETrac to Nox 800.
For my style of hunting which is Deep old coin hunting in Parks, I prefer the Equinox.
It’s not as refined but finds me more coins both deeper and amongst the trash.

I don’t miss either the CTX or ETrac. Not one time.

Bryan

I have mostly because of the weight I had real bad tennis elbow and what a difference I also run a Deus all I need. But I like the
Equinox a lot is it better than the Etrac? I think they both work well Etrac Has better target ID but not by much Equinox wins in my book because
It’s waterproof fast recovery speed and separation and lightweight and battery life .

All hall of fame detectors. I have used all three of them. The Equinox will find things the E Trac will never see because of its ability to separate targets with recovery speed. Users of the E Trac would use two tone ferrous to help with iron infested areas. The Nox will cruise through those areas. The E Trac has one of the best target ID systems ever put on a detector. No doubt about it. In clean ground one of the best detectors ever made. The problem for most of us is that the clean ground has been pounded to death. As a matter of fact we also found out there is more than iron in those iron infested areas. The biggest benefit for me is using it on a beach. And to top it all off it is cheaper than an E Trac, and not just by a little. The other two? Well I kept it to Minelab to avoid comparison rules of the forum. I will end by saying the Equinox is the only detector I own. And I have never felt I could not compete with any other big dogs.

I had a F75 and loved it. I got a CTX and really enjoyed it.
Bought a equinox in November.
I just sold the F75 and CTX in the last week.
In my opinion all three are very close on depth. I do feel the equinox will separate better. And it's not as heavy as the CTX.
I love the tone volume on the Equinox which the CTX didn't have. But the 15 in coil is too much for my elbow.

I have both Nox 600 and E-Trac.
Use the 600 at the beach because I am not looking for deep silver coins and it is much lighter in weight.
At parks and fields the E-Trac is my choice for finding those deep silver coins others miss.

Like all tools they are unique in what they do best.

Keep the Etrac sell the rest and get an 800. The Etrac is the best TTF machine in the business. IMHO

Willee said:
I have both Nox 600 and E-Trac.
Use the 600 at the beach because I am not looking for deep silver coins and it is much lighter in weight.
At parks and fields the E-Trac is my choice for finding those deep silver coins others miss.

Like all tools they are unique in what they do best.

The NOX is a great unit on the wet sand, if you're looking for rings....Beach 2, can do.