Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

To days finds 4/ 14/12 are you seated

Da Yooper

Got out today for alittle hunt, sunny and 70 degrees out. Went to one of my favorite spots found some native copper. My large coil was acting up again (does not like the sun) so I gave her a dip in a water hole to cool her off and I was back to the hunt. Got a real good signal B size at 8" and hitting very hard. So I dig a hole, pin point and nothing. Grab the GTI go over the hole and it's still there. Well it took me an hour to find my target and there it was a 1850 seated dime. HAPPY DANCE This is my oldest dime that I have found.

Was that larger coil by chance a Hot Shot for the low frequency Whites? I bought two brand new of those coils and they would remain stable for about ten minutes and then go crazy. I think they heated up in the sun and the coil windings got out of specs. No wonder these coils were white. They were not solid coils and had some "mush" to them.

n/t

critterhunter it's a 12.5" garrett GTI coil, goes nutz in the sun when it heats up. Thought about spraying it white. Called Garrett and thay said I could get another one for 1/2 the price of a new one. 12.5" GTI coil is about $220. Guess I"ll stay in the shade untill I get an extra$110.

That dime is a beauty. That is definitely on my list to find - Jim

Nice minty find.:thumbup: