Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

To White's engineers..........Rumors persist........

nero_design said:
I'm seeing a lot of internet censorship on the subject of the new VISION. This has me wondering why Whites would demand such comments, reviews and opinions (and especially Observations on other websites) be removed immediately. Unnecessary comments on forums that are derogatory should always be moderated but this goes beyond moderation. Quite curious. Were statements made which cannot be substantiated ...or were someone's toes trodden on? Some of the posts which were pulled here were of a positive nature so I'm stumped.

The only forum that I'm aware of that other brands can't be mentioned is the Whites forum that's up to them so I don't go there. Larry and Freddie were doing what they thought best to keep this forum on track with the best intentions sometimes that's not easy and things go sideways I think Larry cleared that up.

As far as who has what technology and how that works, deals on patent use in all areas of manufacture are the norm and really should not be a concern to us the user. All I care about is getting the best possible combination that works. Compass was responsible for a number of innovations in metal detecting DD coil does this matter in today's age I think not.

Censorship has a way of really winding us up me included, it was mentioned this past week that a number of Whites people involved in the Vision project were helping to respond to questions of new users that helps everyone I think. The fine line is that sometimes the folks who work for Whites may not appreciate some comments or questions this may be because they are not accustomed to forums. Have seen the odd Whites guy question the motives of regular posters not a great idea best avoided.

Dan

nero_design said:
I'm seeing a lot of internet censorship on the subject of the new VISION. This has me wondering why Whites would demand such comments, reviews and opinions (and especially Observations on other websites) be removed immediately. Unnecessary comments on forums that are derogatory should always be moderated but this goes beyond moderation. Quite curious. Were statements made which cannot be substantiated ...or were someone's tes trodden on? Some of the posts which were pulled here were of a positive nature so I'm stumped.

White's had nothing to do with posts getting pulled. In fact, I personally asked that it stop.

- Carl@White's

Thanks for the clear headed explanation Dan.

To Nero_design, censorship was not my intent, yet I was guilty of doing such in an effort to put a damper on Brand/Model bashing. To those who followed me on the DFX forum know that I am/was a Minelab owner/user and I highly praised both the DFX and SE/XS. I am also a Fisher Coinstrike owner and I have purchased my dear 78 years young Mother-in-Law a Garrett 250 so she could hunt with Nancy and I. Unfortunately, some "meant well" posters got caught up in the "Threads-gone-bad" posts and were pulled off and I apologized for that action. Many of us are multi-brand owners but there are still some brand loyal owners who just want to start trouble and they will still be dealt with to try to keep this a fun and informative VISION Forum.

I was the one that removed quite a few of the post, and I don't remember removing one for asking about "specs". It just doesn't make any sense. perhaps is was in a mess of other post, and sometimes when deleting, some good go out with the bad.

What we all need to do is put this all to bed, and continue on working with the Vision.

Freddie
Finds Admin.

Nero_design

Just to help you clear your mind, neither did Whites, their management, or their dealer team ask to have any post removed or post censored from Finds Vision forum.

I removed a lot of them trying to clean up the mess that was created here on this forum. So if you feel the need to criticize or vent your displeasure at someone, I

I had asked a question about Meteorites. The answer a Whites dealer gave was deleted. Did the dealer give me the wrong info?

OzarkTom said:
I had asked a question about Meteorites. The answer a Whites dealer gave was deleted. Did the dealer give me the wrong info?

HI Tom,

I read your original post and answers that followed as I was interested in it also as my bud has found a softball size meteorite...VERY COOL!.

My suggestion...Ask it again on a new post and lets see what response you get? leave this overworked thread for the "boys to put in there pipe and smoke over it"

Good luck hunting the stars!

utahshovelhead

Many people are confused by what items a patent protects. That is because patents are written in a very unusual (for the laymen) style.
Nothing is protected by the patent until you get to the Claims section. There you will find one or more claims, subvariant or subordinate
claims and compound claims. An infringement has to "copy" exactly into what is claimed.

MINELABMIKE said:
nw1886 said:
Steves post is dead on. Throughout manufacturing, patents are bought and sold as a commodity. Truth of the matter is there all all kinds of seemingly inconsequential pattents that are made for the sole purpose of having a petty corner on some new thread of development. At that point some money has to be paid to the pattent holder.You can bet that Minelab has paid Whites money and you can also bet that some battles have not been fought due to borderline infringement (amongst most manufacturers.) Anything can be twisted to a negative. Whatever anyone say's...that Vision is one monster machine. I took it out to a field (that I have been playing in for years) and I'll tell you, there is so much metal there that I had no idea even existed... and what came out that was in the good? 1876 Seated Dime, 1899 Barber Dime and a passle of Wheats. (Larry, your use of the Hi Pro program was gr
eat advise.) Was a great way to start my morning. (Proof was in the pudding (and not in the twist of the tale.)
just wanted to say minelab owns the patent on multi freq so any company that uses more than one freq has to pay minelab, and the vision has 3 freqs.
also its false to say minelab has paid whites that is not true. i have owned whites detectors, and my wife has the XLT and she would not get rid of that detector for no amount of money. i went to minelab because the technology was far more advanced

At the end of the day you have yourself an awesome detector from Whites no matter what................. she looks like a beauty and I'm sure will make alot of buyers very happy indeed. Companies who put their heads together are smart and in doing so we benefit greatly...........YES we sure do just look at this machine the "Vision" wireless headphones, share your programs with your mate/mates out on the field, color display graphs in multiple frequencies for target ID simply outstanding to say the least. Keep it up boys no matter what company the tech comes from this is the future don't live in the past.
Cheers!

Well stated nugget71. New technology is good for everyone. It raises the bar and you can be sure the rest will meet and or surpass it.