Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

today was a two silver day!

SWAMP HAWK

Although it has been dry............I decided to go on out and beep the ditch in front of my home. turn the disc up and just see what pops out.The bottom of a ditch is a ace. I found a 62 &57 rosie.
also about 10 clad coins and then i pulled a spoon from about 8 or 9 inches. came out clean as can be. NO MARKINGS THOUGH. so how do i know if it is silver???

I suppose a magnet will stick to stainless steel, where it won't silver. If it is silver plate I guess it would depend on the base metal. Silver plate doesn't have much value. There isn't a manufacturer name on the back of the handle?

That's just too cool. Right in your own yard! Congrats on the silver finds and building the bank. Good luck with the spoon. It will be interesting to find out. HH, Nancy

Congratulations on the dimes. With no marks, you probably don't have a silver spoon, I would think the vast majority of "silver"ware would be marked. Your eye is the best way to tell if it is silver or not.

well dave............... the magnet did stick to the spoon. It was a cool find though. Hey I'll take it. two silvers are fine with me. thanks for the help p.a.t.h.crew!

Congratulations on the 2 silver day. They are few and far between. I thought about doing some ditch walking myself. I figure no one would see dead grass down in the bottom of a road ditch, and if they did, who would care. The way people put their fast food, carry out, change into the bag, then eat while driving, then toss the paper bag and all out the car window, it stands to reason that there could be alot of coins in the bottom of those ditches. But there would also be alot of dust and cans.

Congrats on your silver finds Luke. :cheers: The SWAMP HAWK strikes again. :starwars:

I went to the DITCH today b4 the rain came. I FOUND A RING!!!!!!! just a kids ring. just junk really but still......cool.

That's cool. A ring is a ring and still fun to find! :thumbup: HH, Nancy

Not to keep this post going but tonight i found another 5 clad coins. And a few parts of a toy car i have been peiceing together for some time.

That's cool that you're getting the car and putting it together piece by piece. That takes some patients. What make is the car? Glad you could get out and hunt. HH, Nancy