Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's Finds:detecting:

RONC(OR)

Today I went on a little road trip. I would not of believe this If I didn't do myself. I have always hunted in Iron mask and Manual sens. Today I hunted in Coin mode and hunted In Auto . Man was I surprised this MD goes deep I found a 1916 Barber 43 Washington 3 Rosie's 1883 IH 1872 10 centimes 1 silver earring 10 wheat's and lots of clad some target were 10" deep
here's how I set it up~ coin mode I edited the top right little bar/auto+3/ deep on/ gain 21/pinpoint sizing HH RonC

Really nice hunting Ron, as soon as I can sell my SE I'm certainly getting me an E Trac...:detecting:

I've had a lot of family stuff keep me from detecting over the last few months,
but summers not far off down here in :ausflag:, I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Hopefully with a new E Trac !:thumbup:

We are just in our fall weather is here been raining for the last couple of days the ground is still hard we need more rain and I am sure we will get it. only prob is it will rain for 2 months :surrender: HH

maybe it has a much pronounced effect as compared to the explorer.. on the explorer I had no prob getting 10 inches in fast mode.. but I just dont think I can use auto.. everytime I switch to auto it drops to 14 or less.. and I get about 4 inches air testing at 14

Haven't seen you post in a while, Snowy. Going to change your sig once you get the eTrac? :)

Nice finds, Ron!

Hi Rich, I haven't posted for a good while...

Sadly my Mom passed away 8 weeks ago, and my 91 year old Dad is having a hard time coming to grips with the changes in his life.
~ Hard to accept change when you get to his age!
They were married for nearly 65 years, and Dad has now been placed in an aged care home.

They did a great job staying independent for as long as they did...
Things started going wrong for them mid July, and I've been totally busy with them since then....

But there's a light at the end of the tunnel Rich !

I'm absolutely desperate for an E Trac, as soon as I can sell my SE with its 11" pro coil, plus the std. slimline coil...

" She who must be obeyed" :angel: would not be impressed with me buying yet another detector :ban::nono: ,
I already own a Tesoro Cortes, Tesoro Tejon, Explorer SE, and a Minelab X-Terra 70... All with extra coils...

So I'll just have to be patient !

And I kinda like living here !!! :huh:

Don't worry, I'll get an E Trac.............

Regarding ~ "Snowy. Going to change your sig once you get the eTrac?"

Yeah, I figure I will... I've got a caveman ~ hunter avatar I've been thinking of using,
when you see I have a caveman hunter avatar Rich; you'll know I've got an E Trac !:thumbup:

Hi Ron, I see you are in Oregon.
I guess you have a beautiful fall, the country would be a blaze of color.
I'm also guessing you'd get a pretty good dose of snow in the winter too.

2 Months of rain !!! Man, we could do with some of that down here in drought stricken Australia !

Good hunting to ya mate!:detecting:

Jim upstate NY said:
maybe it has a much pronounced effect as compared to the explorer.. on the explorer I had no prob getting 10 inches in fast mode.. but I just don't think I can use auto.. every time I switch to auto it drops to 14 or less.. and I get about 4 inches air testing at 14

Auto at 14 or less..........poor ground

Have you buried any coin at different depths to determine just what is the limit. Jim?

So at what depths do you recovering targets there,,,,, in manual...............Matt

Need more info Jim...........Mask setting.....the lot, the full 'Monty'........please.

Having Deep ON makes a big difference in depth on the E-Trac. I first checked with it off and when I was over a weak coin signal that had the depth meter pegged all the way at the bottom. When I turned deep on the Audio cleaned up and was stronger and the depth meter moved up to being only 3/4ths of the way to the bottom. I have hunted with Deep turned on ever since. It seemed like it added about 2-3" of depth.

HH

Beachcomber

I thing I found also after playing with the gain. is that set at 24 I can not hear the difference in depth as well I think this MD does its magic in auto it finds targets next to iron & trash and it does have to be super deep. also +3 is working well here at my house I was getting 12-16 were I found this silver I was getting up to 28 in plus 3. its really strange to me how auto works. but I like it HH

RONC(OR) said:
I thing I found also after playing with the gain. is that set at 24 I can not hear the difference in depth as well I think this MD does its magic in auto it finds targets next to iron & trash and it does have to be super deep. also +3 is working well here at my house I was getting 12-16 were I found this silver I was getting up to 28 in plus 3. its really strange to me how auto works. but I like it HH
that should read does NOT have to be super deep weres my coffee LOL