Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Todays finds.................

I hit two parks today. At one park I got one merc, one rosie, & 6 & 1/4 wheat's. At the other I only had about 40 minutes to detect. I got one merc, 1917, and a wheat. I riced the merc real bad. It was down in the hard packed dirt.

I got a 1/4 of a wheat. When I first found it I thought it was a cut wheatie. Just threw it in my pocket. Later when I was checking my finds I noticed the face. Thought it was kind of neat.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to play with the manual sensitivity settings but I'm having too much fun in auto.

I finallly got one of those iffy bouncing readings where I could get 20/45 to come in after I opened up Quickmask. Turned out to be a wheatie at about 7 inches.

I included a picture of all my oldies and some other keepers with the E-trac so far. I have a little over 50 hours on the E-trac now.

1 war nickel, 3 rosies, 9 mercs (1916 & 1917), 3 silver rings, 1 broken silver pendant, 52 & 1/4 wheat's, 1 religious medal, 1 theater token, 1 old bus token, and 1 38 spec bullet. Also got a ton of copper memorials.

Having lots of fun (grins).

HH randy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: randynorthridgeca@msn.com

Nice going, Randy!!

Looks like you're off to a great start with your E-Trac.
Man, those are some oxidized silvers. I haven't found those in a while.

We need to meet up some time soon. I'd love to compare some signals with you.
Let me know when you have some time.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks Dan.

So far so good. I'm still learning what the E-trac is telling me and I'm still in the factory settings. I'm hoping it only gets better. Most of the silver dimes that are oxidized have been down in the hard packed dirt and they're white when they come out and turn ugly later.

In my opinion it seems like you were right about detecting in "conductive" tones :thumbup:. Guess I was just so use to ferrous tones that I didn't give the "Conductive" setting much of a shot when i tried to use it. I'm a believer now.

I'd like to compare targets too. I don't think I'll find any targets that you can't hear but their will probably be some you find that I can't hear. That would give me a chance to play with the E-tracs settings. I'll give you a call next week when I can make it out.

HH randy

captn_se said:
Nice going, Randy!!

Looks like you're off to a great start with your E-Trac.
Man, those are some oxidized silvers. I haven't found those in a while.

We need to meet up some time soon. I'd love to compare some signals with you.
Let me know when you have some time.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

It was a 1917 merc and it was down in the hard packed dirt. I had to chip away the dirt to get to it. If the reading had been a little higher I would have been more careful. Thought it was going to be a deep wheatie or copper memorial. Live and learn :detecting: I'll be more careful next time.

Elevatorguy said: