Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's Finds

Great Finds Tim!!! Yea, weathers gonna suck for awhile in MO, I have hunted 60 degree days in January thou..............Mark

Nice finds, That's the first one of those I have seen posted.

Nice pistol bullet find for sure. CCH

Hey Tim

What you have there is a Volcanic Rifle bullet. It was the for runner to the Henry 44 by Mr.Winchester. It came in two different cal. 31& 41 and if you look in the end of the bullet that is were the primmer cap is and the powder is inside the bullet. It was rifle was built like a 22 cal with a tube magazine. Henry used the basic design just changed the bullet to a cartridge and re chambered it. It wasn't much of a man killer for it just didn't pack a wallop, small game basic.Then Mr. Winchester bought it out just near the beginning of the war, hired my Henry and then was born the Henry 44. The original was made by the Volcanic Arms, you can google this company and lean the rest. I have dug 19 of these and they wholesale to dealers for about $50 but they sell them for $90-100 dollars depending on how well they look....Hope this helps OH these bullets were also called " Rocket Balls"

Nice finds there!