Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's Hunt Results + Some Observations

I actually should be posting on the Excal forum as I ended up using my Excal but the pics show what I found in a 6 hour hunt in a spot that gets beaten to death almost every day. I got out there at 5:30am and hit it for almost 6 hours. I ended up getting one gold ring the is 8.3g of 14k.

The list of finds is as follows:
Pull Tabs= 83
Pennies= 11
Nickels= 7
Dimes= 6
Quarters= 6
Gold Ring= 1 (8.3g 14k White/Yellow Gold)
Stainless Ring= 1
Silver Rings= 2
Bracelets= 2 (Junk)
Earrings= 5 (Junk)
Keys= 3
Propellor Pieces= 25 (darn these sound good)
Batteries= 3
Screw Caps/Crown Caps= 25
Sunglasses= 6
Boat Hardware= 5
Foil Pieces= 8

Total Number of Targets= 198 Targets

So, for those of you wondering how often people hit gold, I would say today was a pretty average day so it comes out to about one gold ring per 200 targets dug. Of course this varies a bit but I think recovering 1 gold per 200 targets sounds about average for me.

Now, I have to admit, today was supposed to be my first water hunt attempt with my CTX, however, after 5 minutes of trying to dive (at 5 ft deep) on a local sandbar, I gave up because I couldn't hear a darned thing through my yellow Koss headphones. I have great hearing so that was not the problem. I cranked up all volume controls on the detector and that barely made any difference and I couldn't hear a thing over the sound of my bubbling regulator. I never expected my CTX to replace my Excals but I wanted to give it a try anyway. I took the CTX wading this week and it was great for that, but when it comes to fully submerged hunting, I still don't think the Excal can be beat.

As for the seals, I have not had a drop of water in my battery compartment on both of my water outings this week. I suspect that seal failures we have heard about at this point were the result of sand/grit getting between the seal and battery as I noticed a bit of sand in my seal after both outings. A quick rinse and the seal was good to go. I am loving the CTX but I certainly won't be using it for my underwater needs.

Another thing to note is that the screen is much easier to read under water than I expected. I noticed this both wading and diving.

Thanks for reading and I hope your all hot on the gold/silver/whatever it is your looking for. -Marc