Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Todays Hunt, Silver & Wheats :detecting:

Idaho PRB

Once again, I got up early and tried to get permission to detect an old abandoned house out in the country. The Guy's wife was home this time. She almost fell over when I asked to detect the abandoned house that sits on their property. She laughs and pulls out a metal detector from behind her door that looks like it came in a Cracker Jacks box! No kidding. So, permission denied. I told her that maybe I'd come back next year, after they had a chance to hunt it out and ask again. She seemed receptive to that. Maybe they'll get all the tin cans out of there for me? While I was down there, I drove by the old school/residence again. No one home. I cruised the back roads looking for an opportunity and remembered an old house that one of our past customers said he grew up in (he's in his 80's). Found the house and went to ask permission to detect, yard was FULL of cars.....Family get together or something. Well, I vowed to call the Guy next week and went back into town. I had one small yard that I had permission to detect that I was saving for when I had to stay in town. That's where I ended up.
The Barber was in the hole with a 1918 D and 1919 S Wheaty! I hit that pocket spill within the first 30 minutes I was there. Cool! The Merc came about an hour later and the rest of the Wheats just here and there. Turned out to be a great day again, despite the failure to secure any new hunting ground. Total take for the day;

1911- D Barber Dime
1917 Mercury Dime
Wheats: 1918 D, 1919 S, 1941, 1942 S, 1942 S, 1945 S, 1945 S, 1946 S, 1946 S
2 Clad Quarters
4 Clad Dimes
3 Clad Nickels
14 Memorials
4 Zincolns

Nice finds PRB! That was one productive little yard. Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

Great finds! Do we live in the same neighborhood cause I can't seem to find any good places to hunt either! HAHA :cheers:

Fabulous finds, I went out this morning and the wind took my 37degree day to a 29 degree hunt. (Brutal) 96 cents clad, one key @ 71/2" and an old copper lantern tray.Awesome barber !!!!

Thx for sharing,
Moose

Nice Finds! Congratulations!

maddogusmc said:
........ Did you bust out laughing when showed you her cracker jack detector?

I must admit, I had to hide a grin. At first I thought "Gee, what's she gonna do with that?" Then I remembered that kid in Europe that found the 3 million dollar gold box with the 250 :huh: