Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Todays Hunt - Some Deeper Coin Videos

earthmansurfer

Three short videos below. Enjoy - Albert

Here is a 9" deep zinc coin, compared in 50 CO and Combine:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZSxqrQA3Kk[/video]

Here is an 8" Coin in the side of the hole on angle:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ipw5dMHBLY[/video]

Here is a video I also placed in the Classroom Forum (Note comments there). Was a tougher target (7" deep small pin) for Combine. I'm curious if any of you have had similar results comparing 50 CO and Combine.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3epd9wLtTVM[/video]

Albert congratulations on your success with the new CTX 3030, I have to buddies with 3030 that I have been hunting with I'm still using the E track we've had a blast comparing signals. The first thing I want to say is wow minelab got the balance perfect it feels so light compared to my E track I can hardly believe it. I was lucky enough to play around with it for an hour or so and it is certainly different from anything I've ever hunted with, my other buddy is not so lucky his is a nail finder it sounds off 12-40 12-41 All the Way around on every nail his is going back to minelab it has a big problem but minelab is going to send him a new machine :thumbup: and I hope that fixes his problems. Love the videos is nice to be able see the screen and see the full dig on those deep coins thank you.....Phil.

I haven't tried 50 CO yet. I've been having a lot of success with Combine, and haven't tried to switch it up, but do plan to try Ground -Coin this weekend and go back over some of my better spots and see if it hits on anything I missed. It seems (to me anyway), that 50 CO sounds just like the ETRAC multi tones. Right?

Albert
regarding your third video
have you tryed comparing combined vs 50 co with the same discrimination pattern instead of open combined vs 50 co with discrimination
it could be interresting to see the result
hope i made it clear,english is not my first language
thanks for your effort,very nice video

niterider - That is really weird, regarding your friends and nails. I do get a fair amount of falsing running 50 CO but I know they are falses. I dig maybe 3 or 4 nails in 5 hours, but those are iffy signals, just learning the machine. I wouldn't say a nail has completely fooled me thus far. I do hope that it is his machine. If it isn't I'd be really curious to know his settings. Thanks for mentioning it and for the nice words. I am trying to find a coin at a measured 10"! That is my goal now. I have dug two pull tabs, one at 10" and one at 11"! Really, so I know the machine will get down there. Maybe it will need to be a silver coin. If I find a silver coin at 1 foot (on video!) I might just retire from detecting and watch that video over and over again. eheheh

ronfin - It does sound a lot like the E-Trac, but the warble isn't as much (an enhancement I hear) and the highs aren't as high as the variability is gone. I hope they add variability to 50 CO in the future. I will say that Combine's high tones on upper Conductive targets scream out, but that warble, albeit at a lower tone/variability in 50 CO, catch my ear as well. For whatever reason I like 50 CO's sounds, they are just so different than any other machines (outside Minelab). My Rutus Jupiter does have a bit of that nuance to it.

Benedict76 - I have tried comparing 50 CO and Combine with the same disc pattern. I actually have them set up that way - both with an open screen and both with minimal disc patterns. I run 50 CO with the disc pattern and Combine open. I have compared a disc'd 50 CO pattern to a disc'd Combine. I don't see a difference but I haven't compared them enough to really say. The other pin I found that Combine wouldn't really hit on, I believe I tried the disc pattern as well. But regardless, we are talking just a small % of the time that Combine misses, very small. The bigger problem for me is the choppiness or clipping of Combine on some targets - I just have to learn the sounds - 50 CO does it as well but I know it's sounds. Not a complaint.
Your English is fine, I didn't notice anything - mistake free, outside of forgetting the big "i" and some minor punctuation mistakes (like most Native English speakers) ;)

Thanks,
Albert

I know C&R is curious about why most of the deeper coins I find are Zinc (Nazi) coins. So, I will address it here and look forward to any other ideas you guys may have.

The vast majority of the deeper coin videos are from this one location where people have frequented for around 120 years. The amount of Zinc Nazi coins I find there is alarming, I mean it is out of the ordinary! I believe they made those coins from around the mid 30's to mid 40's.

Out of 30 to 40 mostly 8" (and maybe 10 9") deep coins, I'd say 95% are zinc (and from that before mentioned period). I have found 1 9" silver Dmark and one 8" Silver dime (both in a spot hit hard with the E-Trac). I have found one other silver dime, also dating from that Nazi period. I have found 7 silver coins in general - 2 of which are American - Just to give you an idea of how rare German silver coins are.

Anyway, back to the point. I think Silver would be found the deepest, and maybe copper as well. Due to the age of the site, you would think I should be finding coins from 1900 app. to the 1930's as well. But I just am not finding many of those. I imagine the highest activity (in the past) was during the war - I am guessing here. It is by the water, so I imagine the soldiers had "set up shop there", hence the large number of Nazi coins there as well as the American coins as well (and quite a few large American machine gun bullets).

Any other ideas guys?

Thanks C&R as it's been on my mind,
Albert

I know there a LOTS of theories about why and how coins get deep, but don't know if any of them can be proved or disproved. If that is very loose soil, possibly the heavier coins could be deeper. The zinc coins being lighter than the copper or larger silver coins. I would imagine years of dying and decomposing vegetation adds to surface buildup, but don't know if your location would fall into those categories?.....OR, maybe what you are finding is mostly all that is there. You don't have one of the new 13x17 coils for the CTX to try?.........

I think there is a way to change the variability of the sounds in 50 CO the screen with the yellow boxes on both the high end and the low end with a khz number in it. If you change those numbers higher or lower it should broaden the 50 CO range for ya.
Also by raising or lowering the THRESHOLD SOUNDS number from the factory 15 setting, higher or lower changes the range upwards or down wards of all the 50 CO tones.

C&R - The soil where my recent videos came from is indeed loose, a bit sandier (and lower in mineralization I think). The older videos with deeper coins (last winter) were from the same basic location but a non sandy and denser soil. Interesting that I found the same basic layout of coins at the same depths. I don't really get it.

It does make sense that the copper or larger silver could be deeper, but in the denser soil, the deepest silver I found was around 7", most were at 4" - 5". There just wasn't a clear distinction that I can remember. The Zincs were actually deeper than all the silvers (and the silver was older by between 10 and 30 years.) Some copper coins and bronze coins were also found deeper but I don't remember many at 8" (the deepest). Perhaps I was just finding what was lost and the zincs had less value.

The area is cut by both farmers for hay and by the managers of the land to make it easier for people to use. It seems like there isn't a great deal of new leaf/grass being deposited. Another site that goes back 500 years, where I found coins from 400 years ago, doesn't even have many deep coins there. Most were 3" - 5" and 200 - 300 years old!

No large coil to try, though I did try the 13" Detech with the E-Trac. I think the iron mineralization, which isn't terrible, limits the depth of the larger coil, though I would say it got another 1" easy, if not more than the stock E-Trac coil.

Tom - I sure do miss the variability control of the E-Tracs sounds. Thanks for the suggestion. I did set the tones high on the higher conductors (right side of screen) but didn't change the threshold sounds. I think I played with it but didn't like how it raised the whole range up. I have to play with it again though, thanks for the reminder. Minelab - Please bring back variability, quite a few of us are missing it!

Thanks guys,
Albert