Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Todays Lesson.

cwilk

I am so close to a big goal I can taste it! I decided to add a few coins to the pile today to reduce it to an easy one day hunt which will happen tomorrow. God willing. I drove to a park that is close but which has never really treated me kindly. Lot of steps between digs and the soil is very funky. I noticed straight away that there had been another hunter there recently. I don't know what he was expecting to come out of the huge holes he was digging. An M1 tank, maybe. I scanned all of his holes and most had metal in them so he (or she) either never found the target or put it back in the ground when he saw it was junk. I wasn't doing well at all so I took a quick pass by the basketball courts. I repaired a hole he had left that was about the size of a large watermelon after I took the ace bandage thing out of it. It was in his plug and he never found it, I'm sure. I took two steps and got an overload signal. I looked down and saw coins. Lots of them. All 27 coins in the photo were in an area smaller than the guys first hole. Big coin spill, right, and my nemesis stepped right over it. Anyway two or three more steps and another huge hole he left with that ring thing in the plug. He missed that one too. It's not a ring by the way. It's threaded. Here's the photo. The coins in the photo are from the spill but I dug more than that from the ground.

[attachment 318810 090415-1.JPG]

The lesson? Anybody have a suggestion as to what to do in these situation? Here's mine from my first dig of the day:

[attachment 318811 090415-2.JPG]

It is sterling and pretty scuffed up. I like my treasure a little scuffed up, though!

Chris

Hopefully a big post tomorrow. Big for me, anyway!

Not much you can do unless you catch him in the act. If you did find him you could attempt to teach him how to properly dig a hole. Of course, if he refuses to learn, then I would report him and make it very clear to the law he is a bad apple and most mders dont do this.

WTG with that ring. What to do with idiot hole diggers? Just keep mentioning them on the forums as you discover huge holes left by he (or she). Hopefully, people new to the hobby will get the point!