Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's oldies...........

Got skunked on silver today but did manage 6 wheat's 1913,1918,1928,1929,1941, and ????. Went out to Bixby Park in Long Beach this morning. I detected about 3 1/2 hours and I was just cherry picking for deep hits. Lots of iron and trash. The last two times here with my SE I didn't even find a wheat. In the past I've dug 1 barber dime, 1 Indian Head, lots of wheat's, and silver dimes. Most of the oldies here are at 7+ inches deep. If that 1913 wheat had been silver I would have had another Barber :detecting:

Four of the wheat's were deep. I would say close to 8 or 9 inches. The probe was about all the way into the hole and I was getting the reading at the bottom of the hole. I think the probe is about nine or ten inches long but I'm not sure I'll have to measure it.

The depth gauge on four of the wheat's was reading close to the bottom. Real crappy high tones. The readings on all four deep ones were weird and bounced around at 1/30, 1/38, 1/39, 1/40.

I'm still in auto sensitivity and today I used the +2 range. Most of the time I was at a sensitivity of 22. For being in auto sensitivity I feel I'm getting real good depth and the E-trac is smooth as silk. Still in coin mode, using pro coil, Fast on, Deep off, Ground at Difficult, Conductive Tones, Gain at 24, Response normal, and Trash Density High. Keeping it low and slow.

I have about 27 hours on the E-trac now.

HH randy

I usually average about 8-10 wheats to each silver I find .....

You Aught 2 be due for a Nice Seated Coin and the bragging Rights that go with it!

Best 'O' Luck Randy:detecting:

Happy Trails

Jim

From your lips to Gods ear. I hope your right! Thanks Jim.

jimpugh said:
I usually average about 8-10 wheats to each silver I find .....

You Aught 2 be due for a Nice Seated Coin and the bragging Rights that go with it!

Best 'O' Luck Randy:detecting:

Happy Trails

Jim