Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

token or play money ID help...

gunwolf

yes it's hard to read but maybe someone has found something similar in the past and can help me ID it... on one side I can make out 5 and a circle of dots, the reverse side I can only make out the word ICK and a few letters around... I believe it's aluminum and about the size of a penny. rang in at 12-42/43 on the E-trac
6muLeIg.jpg

ST3FRQH.jpg

m8W5RCP.jpg

Last edited:
never mind.. a friend who has better eyes ID'd it as a aluminum/tin "Wooden Nickel" play money he said because of the word "FIVE" that it's probably 40's or 50's... and had an Indian head on both sides...

Hey gunwolf, this isn't it, but it's close, Hickey Brother Token.

Chicago-IL-Hotel-Brevoort-Hickey-Brothers-Store.jpg
Chicago-IL-Hotel-Brevoort-Hickey-Brothers-Store-_1.jpg

As a kid in the mid "50's" I vaguely remember play Money packs being sold at the "5 and 10" or Woolworth's stores.
We wanted some:). It was in a plastic bag and had some paper money and aluminum coins.
I don't recall much more about it - Parents were strict and not about to spend good Money on fake Money.
Real Coins were valuable and were kept in small coin purses.
Anyone remember 10 Cent Beers and Gas at 20 cents a gallon?

As a kid in the mid "50's" I vaguely remember play Money packs being sold at the "5 and 10" or Woolworth's stores.
We wanted some:). It was in a plastic bag and had some paper money and aluminum coins.
I don't recall much more about it - Parents were strict and not about to spend good Money on fake Money.
Real Coins were valuable and were kept in small coin purses.
Anyone remember 10 Cent Beers and Gas at 20 cents a gallon?
I'm not quite old enough to remember those prices.
A buddy of mine was at a gas pump a few years ago ,,,, gas prices were pretty high back then ,,,,and just striking up a conversation with an older fellow,, he said,, What ya think about these gas prices,,,, the old man said ,, " I think they're ok ,, he said,, back when I was your age ,, I had to work all day to get a few gallons of gas to ride around at night ,,, now I can work all day , fill up my tank , feed my family, and put some money back .
A lot of us don't know what hard times really were .

Found a couple of these years ago.

1626608619739.png