Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tokens & Wheats

Idaho PRB

Yesterday afternoon I got away for a couple hours to a park that is close to my house. I needed to stay close so I could be home when my Daughter got off school. I used the 8X6 SEF coil to sniff through a semi- trashy area along an old walkway in the park that is mostly grown over by the creeping lawn. You can still see the depression of it though, if you look closely enough. There are ballparks there still today but in the early part of the 20th. Century, it was where the local city team played and I'm sure it drew quite a crowd. I ran mostly in manual sensitivity at 26. Deep-On, Trash-High, Response-Normal, Ground-Difficult, Conductive- Multi, with a slightly modified Andy's Program ( I reject a little more Ferrous ). I did run TTF for a short bit but the trash doesn't seem bad enough to warrant it exclusively. I only run TTF if I just can't run Conductive or I want to dig everything (I don't want to dig everything in a Park and I hate having to look at the screen every time I get a high beep). The Large Token was in a wad of tree roots and jumped from 12-47 to 1-46,47 to 4-46,47. I just couldn't believe it was still there! It was standing on edge though, about 6"-7" deep and when I saw the rim, I thought I had large silver, it's still cool though. The holed token was completely encrusted with rust and concrete and hit in the low 30's conductive, I thought it was a button because it was about 1/4" thick with crud. I put it in Naval Jelly in a paper cup and scrubbed with a stiff plastic brush and the bronze rim showed through in a small area. I finished with electrolosis and the plastic brush to get all that hard stuff off. I believe it was used as a washer in the construction of something and that would explain the deformation of the token and the concrete and rust too. It originally read "Royal Novelty Company", " 411 Market St. San Francisco". I also found 4 wheat cents 1957 D, 1946 S, 1957, 1944 S, One clad Quarter, 2 Memorials and one Zincoln.
Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

Nice tokens PRB! Thanks for the pictures and the story. I'm glad you were swingin' to the rescue!

NebTrac

Nice Finds! Congratulations!