Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tomorrow morning...

gunwolf

will be my first day out MDing since my last incident... I am going right back to the lot I left off on... most older Places I can hunt local are in "da hood"... once a very booming area in the late 1800's early 1900's... so when the city tears down a house and owns the lot... it's fair game. I am going to put my coil to the soil right where I left off last week... I have added a body cam... not big, not for MD vids.. just for my protection in case! hopefully I will be posting in the finds forum again the next few days...

Best of luck and most of all, stay safe.

Had to go look this up….. from my instructor notes in the 80s and 90s, still relevant today.

NYPD (easy now) is one of the most heavily studied departments in the world. Studies were done from how many steps the average beat cop takes to how long clothing takes to wear out, kinda odd but stats are interesting. Here is one stat to chew on….
The average officer involved gunfight lasts less than eight seconds from start to finish. Average distance between officer and suspect was seven feet. Average number of shots fired was officer 5.2 and suspect 2.3. Now why were the officers firing twice as much? Because we teach to shoot center of mass and continue firing until there is no further threat. Suspect may be hit once but unless they either drop their gun or the first shot drops them motionless then you keep firing until one of those two things happen. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEM TO SHOOT FIRST. That would be stupid. Imminent danger of great bodily harm or fear for your life is an individual decision and one that will be debated long after that first shot. One more thought, at what distance is a person in imminent threat with a knife? 21 feet. An average human can cover 21 feet from standing to a dead on run in 1.5 seconds and touch you. Action vs reaction: Takes .75 seconds for you to react to their action. Can you get to your defensive weapon in less than that second half of 1.5 seconds? Think about how close those NYPD guys were with a suspect with a gun, seven feet! Thats one ass puckering ride people.

will be my first day out MDing since my last incident... I am going right back to the lot I left off on... most older Places I can hunt local are in "da hood"... once a very booming area in the late 1800's early 1900's... so when the city tears down a house and owns the lot... it's fair game. I am going to put my coil to the soil right where I left off last week... I have added a body cam... not big, not for MD vids.. just for my protection in case! hopefully I will be posting in the finds forum again the next few days...
I hear you about the local places and the hoods. I have homeless here who like to pitch their tents right smack in the middle of narrow trails I take to get to my hunting spots