Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tone Break Video

MidTN

Iffy Signals posted a video showing settings for tone break on the Legend. I for one don't understand tone break. I plan to test the settings he used. The video includes the D2 and Nox.

My understanding is you can set the tones to change when you want them to change. Say instead of the higher tone for 20-30 it could be 20-35. I think its what your hearing hears best and what your looking for. I’m still running in default until I find a need to change it up.

Since most of my hunting is older sites with plenty of nails/iron trash I set the first tone break on all my detectors just past breaking on the typical nail. I hardly ever use any Disc, just custom Tone breaks. I want to hear the iron. This gives better unmasking.

I don't have the Legend but on my Impact and Deus for coin shooting, I like to set the first break just a little into the iron, the second to barely hit a nickel, and the third to barely miss a zinc penny. A pull tab will usually jump between second and third tone but will mostly report as third. A nickel will usually give second tone and only occasionally (usually if very deep) bounce to third tone. If I get a third tone that turns to fourth tone while pulling back, it is usually a zinc but definitely not a pull tab.

You can also use it to give a tone of your choice over a small number of Vid's to "notch in" whatever you want to isolate, like for instance, a missing earring when you have the matching one. You can also use it to give a low tone on 22 brass where there is a super abundance of them. There are hundreds of ways to use tone breaks. Plus, you can change them on the fly.

I watched the video and one thing I noticed were the vdi numbers. All dropped and it appeared the equinox dropped the least,16-17 which is well above nickel range then the legend 12-13’s which is well below nickel and last the Deus2 at 04-06 vdi numbers. It was a few days ago that I watched the video so the vdi numbers could have fluctuated a little more. But that’s very close from what I remember. I’m not implying anything about anything just saying what I noticed in the video.