Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tone comparison between Equinox 600 and Equinox 900.

Ted S

The weather here has been miserable the last couple of days. Cold,windy,and snow flurries off and on. Since I have permission to hunt a couple of brush laden old home sites,I decided to put the new 6" coil on my Equinox 600 for going thru the brush and tall grass. The 6" coil looks tiny compared to the 11" coil. As far as tones go I prefer the 900 in 5 tone and Field 2. The 600 is also set for Field 2 and 5 tone. I do hope the little 6" coil can help find an extra coin or 2!! Ted

The weather here has been miserable the last couple of days. Cold,windy,and snow flurries off and on. Since I have permission to hunt a couple of brush laden old home sites,I decided to put the new 6" coil on my Equinox 600 for going thru the brush and tall grass. The 6" coil looks tiny compared to the 11" coil. As far as tones go I prefer the 900 in 5 tone and Field 2. The 600 is also set for Field 2 and 5 tone. I do hope the little 6" coil can help find an extra coin or 2!! Ted
Same here Ted I also used those same settings and did very well I tend to stick with what worked for me
with my 800 and 900.
Mark

Ted I also use those settings. And with the 6 in. coil most of the time. I have my bins set and volume for each bin different. I leave the pitch at default. The one thing I've noticed is the audio is different between the 800 and 900. A coin sound, or a round sound on the 900 has more of a hollow sound, almost a little echo. Not sure if it is in the headphones or the machine itself. I have ordered a Bluetooth transmitter so I can run my earbuds in the warm weather. This will help determine the audio difference. I have also noticed Park 1 performs better on the 900 than on the 8. Beach 1 was my got to mode on the 800 after using Field 2. Same settings in Beach 1 as in Field 2 and go over a site was a real eye opener. Not the case with the 900. Somethings different. I find myself using Park 1 to go back over the sites. They both have the Equinox DNA but after 40 or so hunts with it I'm seeing alot of differences between them. Good luck. Mark