Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tone ID Profile & Profile Type :stars:

In the manual, there is no mention of setting up Tone ID profiles where there are say 4 blocks on the top & 1 large one for the bottom section of the screen like there is in the brochure picture below. Thought there would be a mention of that option and how to set that up, all they show is just FE adjustment options.
Anyway, here is where I am confused!:stars:
When you are setting up your profile types(Tonal Responses), you get to choose (1,2,4,35 FE/CO) or 50 CO tonal responses. If I am going with setting up certain tones in the 4 upper Tone ID Profiles and 1 lower Profile using the picture below, do I need to select the 4 CO profile type if I wanted 4 different CO tones for the 4 upper boxes. I guess I couldn't choose 35, could I?

And if I had to choose 4 tones, then does the bottom quadrant have to be the same as one of the four I chose on the top and just change the pitch?

You can actually assign any audio response that you want to, as wide or as narrow as you want to.. What you choose to do with audio response it entirely up to you.. If you want a 1200khz response to iron and 100 to silver, you can do it.. if you want a "slice" for nickels at 1200 and everything else to respond like iron, you can do it.. do what ever appeals to you... It has set parameters if you choose, if you don't like them, change to what you want.. Some hands on will do wonders.. Richard

Don in South Jersey said:
When you are setting up your profile types(Tonal Responses), you get to choose (1,2,4,35 FE/CO) or 50 CO tonal responses. If I am going with setting up certain tones in the 4 upper Tone ID Profiles and 1 lower Profile using the picture below, do I need to select the 4 CO profile type if I wanted 4 different CO tones for the 4 upper boxes. I guess I couldn't choose 35, could I?

And if I had to choose 4 tones, then does the bottom quadrant have to be the same as one of the four I chose on the top and just change the pitch?

The Profile with 4 conductive over 1 ferrous is called Combined. It is the new Profile with the CTX.
[attachment 233054 combinedmenu.JPG]

In Combined, all 5 of the bins can be set with different ranges and pitches.
[attachment 233055 Combinedaudioscreenshot.JPG]

are the conductive tones the same as the etrac? you know sound the same? the CTX doesn't have all the features the etrac has to set tones you know the pitch and all those features for the threshold etc..?

BP

The parameters (high and low) "sound" the same as the E-TRAC. But as discussed in other threads, the CTX 3030 allows the user to change the frequency of the pitch of each tone, when using single tone, two tone ferrous, two tone conductive, four tone ferrous, four tone conductive and Combined profiles. With Multiple tone ferrous and multiple tone conductive, you can change the lowest and highest tone, but those in between cannot be changed. HH Randy

ok thanks Digger , what tones did you like to use the most?

BP

As mentioned previously, I really REALLY like the new Combined Audio Profile. To me, it is the best of both worlds! HH Randy

was looking at that too looks like a good idea , thanks.

BP

i think it may take a week or two to get my head round all this new fangle dangle bits but hope to be able to sort it out as i hunt
i havent read through all the posts is there any part of the manual available yet please just trying to get ahead of the game THANKS