Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tone ID Profiles

Randy, I was interested with your experience so far with the Tone Id's that you set up on the CTX.

Being able to set up multiple sound quadrants like this, is like having the ability of conductive & ferrous sounds at the same time. On the E-Trac, its either one or the other. Reading one of your articles, you stated that you use TTF in high iron concentration areas & conductive tones in high non ferrous trash areas, now it appears you don't need to switch back and forth with this detector ..

Don, The thing that jumped out at me when I first heard about custom tones was just what you mentioned. We are now not limited to hunting in "TTF" with the standard Fe plane, you can mix things up. Depending on the site and our preferences, this can be quite powerful. I haven't played with the different sounds much on the E-Trac (e.g. long, smooth, etc.) but I think this flexibility makes those even all the more powerful.

I think I will experiment with few tones now and see if indeed (as is the case I hear on MANY machines) that fewer tones (like 3) seem to give more information (consistency is in the equation I think) that multi tones.

With the ability to adjust the ferrous line and having two Patterns in each search mode, you really don't need to switch back and forth. However, the CTX 3030 offers functionality that will allow you to hear far more than the E-TRAC ferrous tone profiles, or conductive tone profile. With the CTX 3030 Combined profile, you get the best of both worlds. One tone for targets with a ferrous content that exceeds the ferrous line you establish. And one of four tones for those targets who's conductive properties place it above the ferrous line. If you want to have two different "ferrous lines" or conductive bin sizes, instead of just having Quick Mask, the CTX 3030 has 2 Patterns in each Search Mode. You can build different discrimination patterns for each Pattern. So by simply pressing one button, you can toggle back and forth between say the Coin mode and a Coin mode with less discrimiation. Or if you wanted to hunt in TTF, you could have TTF Pattern one with a ferrous line at, for example, 17. And TTF Pattern two with a ferrous line at, for example, 24. But there is even more........ in addition to each Search Mode having two patterns, the CTX 3030 also has functionality that allows the user to press one pad and return to the Previous Hunt mode. As an example, I can be hunting in a modified Coin Program and Combined tones, press a button and activate a second Pattern in Coin mode, with a different amount of discrimination. Then I can press a different pad and pull up a whole new Search Mode (say TTF) with entirely different hunt parameters. Then, in that search mode, I can again switch to a second Pattern that offers that Search mode a whole different level of discrimination. It's like having 4 different "programs", each available by the press of one button or the other. HH Randy

That's really going to be a major step forward! Thanks for the details! Sounds smooth to operate and that equates to more time searching and less time playing with menus when it counts and the conditions are rapidly changing,NICE!