Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tone I'd

Knolan

You can change the tone I'd on the ctx 3030 on the machine or in exchange, how do you set up your tones on the etrac I just can't seem to find it?

I just got a E-trac a couple of days ago, but this is what I did. I went into the book thing on the E-trac (menu), pushed the arrow to the right three times till I got to Audio pushed the down arrow to tone Id, Then went into that by pushing the right arrow. Then went to variability changed to 30 , then went to limits changed that to 30. Pushed the detect button and away I went. I hope this is what you are looking for and I have been of help.

What I was wondering was if you can change the tones like you can on the ctx? But thanks so much for your help.

What you can do is vary the setting for the threshold pitch,,,either higher or lower but no "bins" or segments like the CTX.
Varying the threshold pitch woill hange the tone across the spectrum of numbers while in multiconductive--I am assuming it will change the tones when in 2 or 4 tone as well but I never hunt with those except when in TTF.
By moving the threshold pitch up into the higher twenties you can achieve the silver warbling tone many speak about. It also expands the low conductive tones

You cannot assign custom tones to custom zones in the pattern like with the CTX.
This is one feature though i'd like to see in the hopefully new eTRAC-II.
That is if Minelab listens to their customers, wises up and gets their $h|t together.

ironsight said:
You cannot assign custom tones to custom zones in the pattern like with the CTX.
That is if Minelab listens to their customers, wises up and gets their $h|t together.

Pig's might fly comes to mind :D

Nuke em said:
ironsight said:

Pig's might fly comes to mind :D

I fear you're right Nuke em, pigs will fly first!

Apparently the Minelab suits are more interested in developing new cheap detectors and hanging on to that IMO over-priced-problem-ridden CTX.
You'd think by now they'd cut their CTX losses and develop an enhanced eTRAC. Might even settle for a CTX-lite at this point!

They can keep their CTX light if the balance is too far back, want it coil end heavy . Actually heavy is the wrong word to say too minelab :)

Anyway I would be happy with a new Terra with a better Go Find stem and better Terra functions . My main machine these days even though I have the others .

My ET is in the box so I can make it last longer till that day IF I ever see a new ET 11

As for the original question , the best way is to just listen to the sounds and check numbers as a guide , you wont miss much that way. Either way you will have to learn the tones.

Another good way is the 2 tone Ferrous , high tones are non Ferrous and low the Iron but to get the best out of that you need to run near clear screen and you will still need to check numbers if you don't want to dig all , as some big Iron comes in high tone and that will happen with the CTX too as I recall but then that has other features that might help sometimes.