Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Too big to be a silver dime...

I got this 81-82 VDI at 4 inches, but it seemed a bit too big to be a dime or even a corroded clad quarter. I was thinking aluminum, but what a nice surprise!

I think we will all remember our first silver ring, ....you know, when we were new, and were expecting a dime...My heart jumps on those 81's, and probably always will!
Now, If I can get my heart to stop jumping on every pulltab, that would probably be nice! Great recovery Neil!
Mud

That a nice one:thumbup:

I bet that ring has a story to tell if it could talk. Looks like it has some age to it.

looks like copper is it real soft or hard?

Larry (IL) said:
I bet that ring has a story to tell if it could talk. Looks like it has some age to it.

It is marked .925 PSCL. I saw it listed on one site as a "Vintage" ring, but I don't think it is that old.

Low-Boy/LCPM said:

The red tint you are seeing is reflected off the folder I used as a background. Here is a better photo. It is without a doubt silver.

Congrats again Neil. You are finding some nice things lately.

Yep, I like seeing them 81 or so VDI's here in Germany too!

Neil in West Jersey said:
Larry (IL) said:

It is marked .925 PSCL. I saw it listed on one site as a "Vintage" ring, but I don't think it is that old.

Low-Boy/LCPM said:

The red tint you are seeing is reflected off the folder I used as a background. Here is a better photo. It is without a doubt silver.

I used to work for a jeweler. You could put that on a ring anvil and straighten it with a soft mallet and never know it had been bent.

tracyjm said:
Neil in West Jersey said:
Larry (IL) said:

Low-Boy/LCPM said:

I used to work for a jeweler. You could put that on a ring anvil and straighten it with a soft mallet and never know it had been bent.

It is an irregularly shaped ring!

NIce find :thumbup: but I don't think it is very old. PSCL apperantly was a trademark for Peter Stone Company Ltd.

http://www.trademarkia.com/pscl-75960359.html

Cheers,
QH

That is an interesting site QH, I will have to bookmark that for future use.