Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Too hot for the Equinox? LCD screen went black.

kammerer1

Just thought I'd share my experience, apparently 108 degrees is too hot to detect in.I went out today for a quick hunt in the desert summer heat. About 10 minutes in my LCD screen had gone completely black. Thinking it was my eyes playing tricks on me, I walked over to the shade and turned the machine off. The control box felt pretty warm, but it was 108 degrees. After a minute I turned the Nox back on and the screen was back to normal, so I continued to torture myself for a few more minutes. Then screen went totally black once again. At this point I had enough as well. Once I came home, I turned the machine back on in the air conditioned house, and the screen is back to normal. I would think conditions in the Australian outback would be more extreme than here in Nevada, but I suppose all machines have their limits. Should be much more pleasant in San Diego next week. Cheers!

Do you happen to have a rain/dust cover on the control housing? I had a similar experience, I took the dust cover off and within a few minutes my screen was back to normal.
If it happens again take a picture of it and send it Minelab just to cover your bases.

Sometimes these detectors have more sense than we have!----Your Equinox is trying to tell ya something.----Don't get a heat stroke out there man---it's HOT!

I did have a screen protector on, so that could have been the culprit. I'm just glad it went back to normal.

Mine did it with a cover on the housing and then again without. Minelab recommended a factory reset, so I did that. So far I haven’t had a hunt fully on land but I did notice the screen starting to change while doing some dry sand. I feel fairly certain it will do it again if I push it but till it does...