Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took The Legend to the AdLawn and The Legend won!

Ronstar

Had some time this afternoon so charged up the Legend and decided to try the AdLawn on campus. Started where I know its pretty quiet and wanted to play with settings as I approached the the “EMI” zone, well it wasnt too far and she started getting quite chatty.
First thing I tried was changing freqs and 8 was quieter than the start of 13. I went maybe 20’ further in and it got worse. Tried automatic freq check but nothing working, started dropping Sens and fairly quiet at 22. Went a little further in and nothing but noise so time to regroup. If I remember the manual correctly trying single freq may reduce the interference. Went to 4khz and everything quiet and my world changed dramatically!

Now you will have to remember this area has been pretty well hit by two of us using a CTX3030, an eTrac, a Nox 800, an F5 and an F75. I didnt step 5-10’ when I got a clear dime 46 so dug, up pops a 1924 Merc from 6”!! Basically stunned but hey, this was cool! I was working a semi wandering pattern when I got slammed (loud hit) by a 53 so went in again and at 4” out comes a 1959 quarter. This is like the best invention ever, how did we miss these earlier??? I continued and found a couple clad quarters and dimes and a couple pennies in the 6-8” range.
Now the fun begins……..
Was heading basically back towards the car when I got a faint but repeatable 54-55. Ferrometer not indicating and depth was showing max. Hit pinpoint and was hearing a sick sounding low squeal but managed to get it centered so pushed the Lesche to full depth and stuck the Garrett carrot down the hole, nothing. Check with detector and much clearer sound and locked on at 54, hmmm. Set carrot up to max sensitivity and it started vibrating so grabbed the trowel and dug deeper, I saw the silver when I hand scooped the dirt out and knew it was another silver quarter. Took a couple pics real quick mainly to show the depth. Picked up the quarter and nearly crapped myself, it was a 1929 SLQ!!!! So thats my oldest quarter for now and and my oldest Merc so scratch one off the bucket list!!!
I was in Park mode in single freq of 4 khz with Sens at 30 and recovery at 5. The rest of the settings I dont think are relevant but I know this bad boy is going back to AdLawn and Im doing it all over again!!!!!

Attachments

• 12635A13-CB78-4CA3-95A7-5223119359B2.jpeg
    12635A13-CB78-4CA3-95A7-5223119359B2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 125
  • 930DBEFD-1CE0-4D1C-9345-649DD22E909E.jpeg
    930DBEFD-1CE0-4D1C-9345-649DD22E909E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 141
  • DC4589E4-B747-410E-958A-03C0E79B2807.jpeg
    DC4589E4-B747-410E-958A-03C0E79B2807.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 136
  • B17BE2D8-A300-4AA3-A953-CA74D1C4850B.jpeg
    B17BE2D8-A300-4AA3-A953-CA74D1C4850B.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 145
Sweet silver finds Mr. Ron!!! Your SLQ is a beauty with a full date!!! Eliminating EMI
(audible and non-audible) is crucial to detector performance! Sure sounds like you eliminated it to hear these deep silver coins.
I’m glad you didn’t 💩 yourself 😂😂

I will have that info here later this morning!!!

One curious thing tho was that deep Indian Head I dug last week VDI’d as 52 and that seems way to close to the 54 of most quarters. Wondering if ground being so organic in the arboretum up affects the numbers compared to the clay/dirt in the AdLawn. Although the dimes rang 46 which is where they should be so maybe this is a mystery……🤔

I will have that info here later this morning!!!

One curious thing tho was that deep Indian Head I dug last week VDI’d as 52 and that seems way to close to the 54 of most quarters. Wondering if ground being so organic in the arboretum up affects the numbers compared to the clay/dirt in the AdLawn. Although the dimes rang 46 which is where they should be so maybe this is a mystery……🤔
Recheck your hole sounds like the quarter is still in the ground LOL :ROFLMAO: I dug a walker yesterday it only hit 19 on my Equinox about half of what it should. rechecked the hole and there was another coin, a merc 🤷‍♂️. Vdi's are meant to be messed with LOL Minerals, extreme depth other targets etc....

Awesome hunt.
Love that SLQ.
Never found one with a clear date.
Those low khz freqs are killer on silver and gold.
Remembering the old days of single freq machines.
They were incredible on silver.
If I remember correctly.
8-12 khz being the best.
Cleaned up a ton of silver back in the day as a teenager.
Sadly I used the coins for candies and comic books.
Not having a clue what they'd be worth today.