Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

took the plunge into the ctx 3030 world

bought a new ctx 3030 this is a big difference from my explorer se pro, i got my ctx 3030 this past thurs and its been tuff finding good targets but everyone says to keep at it that i will get it then i should start finding the good stuff, hope to start finding silver like i found with my se pro

"its a silver magnet.." yep, it'll find those paper-thin Barber dimes. I'm amazed at what it finds in "hunted out" parks. Don't give up on it.

I went from the se pro to the 3030 two very nice detectors but the ctx sure is the easy winner better balance more stable operation so many great ways to run it gone huntings setting I use most of the time. be carefull in the water I have had the battery compartment leak a bit had to clean and dry it out. it gets deep targets and hits the strong . you will learn to love your ctx its a hard act to follow

MINELABMIKE said:
yes i have the 17in coil for it

Right now, I actually prefer the 17. I know a lot of folk prefer the 6, but even in trashy parks I'm having no trouble finding small stuff amongst the junk.
I'm kind of surprised how sensitive the 17 is to dimes...and in my mineralized soil, the 6 just doesn't go deep enough.
Just take your time when pinpointing, or you'll gouge something.

:)
mike