Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tool is assembled

bcoop

8.25 inch blade 2 inches wide tapered to a point and 14 inches overall length. No welds, full length tang and pinned in place.

BCOOP

Good Job BCOOP, Mickfin,

I would like to take full credit, however all I did today was give morale support and make suggestions to the assembly. My friend John did all the work.

Thanks again

BCOOP

bcoop said:
I would like to take full credit, however all I did today was give morale support and make suggestions to the assembly. My friend John did all the work.

Thanks again

BCOOP
Looks good BCOOP, tell your friend John that he does nice work (both of you do) :)------I'm in no way trying to be critical, but just have a couple of questions.-----(1) Why such a long handle? (2) Is the blade of a strong enough material to hold up (without bending) in hard ground & small rocks?----We have bent the blades on about every knife we have ever used till we started using the Lesche.------As I said, I'm not trying to be critical, just trying to offer up a couple of constructive questions.----BTW, I REALLY like the length of the blade!-------------Del

Now that looks like a digger. That appears to be a left handed digger since the serrated edge in on the left. Nice job.... now cut you a hole the length of the blade and stand on it... if it breaks... NO JOY. Im seriously hard on my diggers especially in the summer where the ground can get like concrete.

Dew

I second that Dew, I seem more like i am using a pry bar than a digging trowel! LOL
Especially here in Missouri.

LabradorBob

This was made from 4120 that my buddy had laying around the shop. The 41xx steels are known for durability and for their capability of being case hardened but they maintain flexibility beyond the hardened exterior so not to break. It is RC 28 right now and has not been hardened yet, it is 1/8" thick.

I think it needs to be heat treated to about a Rockwell of around mid 50's. Most good knife blades are 58 to 62 RC. The handle is only 5 inches and fits your hand well. The pommel on the end really adds comfort to help push it in the ground. I have dug in some of the toughest ground conditions my self and bent and broke blades.

Thanks

BCOOP

n/t

n/t

I like that one, how wide is the blade ? I would like to compare it to the Minelab digger I use. I really like the width of mine. I've never had a problem with it other than the fact that the rubber grip keeps tearing. If it is as wide I'll order one when they're ready. Looks like a quality piece to me.

Yep, I can break a nice digger in no time. That would be the test. Let me dig with one for a few weeks. Only digger I have not broken is the Lesche.
Cool looking digger bcoop!
HH - BF