Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Torn on my next machine...Anfibio? ORX?

IowaRelic

If things go my way Over the next couple days, I should be in a position to make an upgrade detector purchase.
Here in south Alabama the soil is mild to moderate sandy soil. Depth is very important. Also encounter lots of aluminum trash in most urban areas. I split my time 50/50 going for relics and coins. Sometimes my hunts overlap.
My main machine the past 2 seasons has been the T2SE. It does good for me as well as the G2 and Omega.
Some rules I set for my next purchase:
It must outperform the T2SE in raw depth and speed. It must handle EMI like the G2 and I need it to ID like the G2 and Omega.
Right now my 2 main considerations are the Anfibio Multi and the ORX. Leaning more towards the Anfibio right now.
Questions:
Can the anfibio in 20khz handle EMI well?

Is 20khz deep mode sparky? I envision a G2 with BP or something along those lines.

Can the ORX pick silver out from below aluminum trash?

Gold mode seems really awesome on the ORX, is it deep on lead? Other relics?

Can the ORX higher frequencies deal with EMI and still get depth?

Is 3 tone on anfibio faster than a t2 in 3 tone or in FA?

is the lacking tone options and seeming non reliable ID a hinderance in modern trash for the ORX?

thanks for any input.

Uhh, repeat all those questions slowly please! :)-----I like the ORX in my mineralized for most of the questions you asked.

Uhh, repeat all those questions slowly please! :)-----I like the ORX in my mineralized for most of the questions you asked.
😝 sorry! My mind gets to movin quick when thinking detectors. Been a while since I bought one! I want to make it count.

I have owned both , I feel the Anfibio has excellent depth and many options to change the Audio to my liking. The ORX s audio was its drawback for me , being pretty much preset. Both detectors are pretty sparky . Both detectors are almost unusable indoors for testing, but out side they can both be tamed down. I have used CZs for years and must say the Anfibio goes deeper! I traded the ORX for the Anfibio. The Anfibio is heavier than the ORX , but lighter than a Cz70. The Anfibio also pinpoints great with the stock 11” coil. As easy as a concentric. And the coil selection for the Anfibio offers DD and concentric. And are affordable! ORX coils are upwards of $200 . Hope this info helps .......HH Tony

I have owned both , I feel the Anfibio has excellent depth and many options to change the Audio to my liking. The ORX s audio was its drawback for me , being pretty much preset. Both detectors are pretty sparky . Both detectors are almost unusable indoors for testing, but out side they can both be tamed down. I have used CZs for years and must say the Anfibio goes deeper! I traded the ORX for the Anfibio. The Anfibio is heavier than the ORX , but lighter than a Cz70. The Anfibio also pinpoints great with the stock 11” coil. As easy as a concentric. And the coil selection for the Anfibio offers DD and concentric. And are affordable! ORX coils are upwards of $200 . Hope this info helps .......HH Tony
Yes that’s just the kind of info I need. From someone like you who has used both. Thanks.

If you were a gold prospector like me the ORX would be a no brainer. With the HF 9" coil it goes way deeper than its coil diameter in the two tone Gold Modes. The three tone discrimination modes are almost as deep as the Gold Modes and with the same features. As far as EMI, I have not had a problem with it since there are so many frequency shifts to take care of it. I think there are 21 different frequencies for the HF coils and 35 for the X35 coils. The audio is really good though limited and swinging the ORX is a real pleasure. In your mild dirt it should do really well. It does not do particularly well in thick aluminum trash in my opinion. For prospecting and relic hunting it is hard to beat.

I don't have an Anfibio. I do have the Multi Kruzer with just the stock coil. EMI can be a problem but there are 3 main frequencies and 5 frequency shift choices for each one at least on the Kruzer. It is one hot detector but it likes to be run hot and adding just a little discrimination will still let most nails through and quiets it down some. it is really deep even without the 11" round coil that the Anfibio comes with. I am sure the Anfibio would be even better

Jeff

Surprised you are not considering a Equinox. Don't get me wrong, I don't have one either and actually have a similar arsenal as yours. F 75, Omega 8000 and 8500 and A T Pro. From what I am seeing, though, the Equinox in mild to moderate ground is the deeper of any in mention and is a pretty good unmasker. If nothing new and better doesn't come out by fall, I'll most likely add a Nox to my arsenal. HH Jim Tn

My feelings on the APEX is likely it will be competition for simplex. I want more than that. I will be patient and watch.

Jim, I’ve tried and tried to get a grasp on Minelab sounds and man, I just can’t do it. I dislike any flute, or bell type tone. Deus, Makro and fisher have that spazzy behavior I like.

I am kind of with you on the Nox tones. I tried my buddies a couple of times and pretty quickly went back to my F 75. If I do get one, I will take the batteries out of my other detectors and push myself to get some real hunting time/hours on it and then go from there. I have thought hard on the Anfibio more then once, too. HH jim tn

I still toss around the idea of getting a new F75+. I would gladly take another F-pulse and my T2 has many many hours of use from a previous owner and myself. I think a new machine that I’m well acquainted with would be just as fun.
Jim, maybe you can clear up something for me. Are you able to select a number of tones with any process on the F75? For example, can you use BP on 3 or 4 tone?

I've never used the XP, but always wanted one. I was just always concerned with having another non serviceable battery this time in a coil. I also tend to be a coil junkie and saw the writing on the wall with the cost of the xp coils. I sometimes buy coils on a whim, and looking at the xp line with a recargeable coil was a deterrent form me buying it. Woreless headphones in my opinion are a must. However a wireless coil seems silly uf it cost me more money simply because the shaft is there anyway.

I would have to agree with Desi , as he beat me to the punch . You waited this long , The reveal is May 15th at 11 a.m. ET or 10 AM CT. It may be interesting . There are a lot of good machines on the market now , so I would imagine Garrettt has to have come up with something good.

Before I got the T2 the AT Pro was in the running. That was a few years ago. The APEX would have to be a huge leap forward and be pretty special with a good price to fit my liking. I’m skeptical at the moment. I think my skepticism stems from that video a couple weeks ago. Where one guy is using the new machine and the guy he’s gonna romp all over with it, is using an ACE something. Now, if they would have put the AT Max in that video I would have higher hopes. I hope I’m all wrong and it’s a wonderful piece of American tech.

I have the Anfibio multi. Right now I also have 2 FBS machines. I have owned many Deus, love that machine. I have compared the Deus that I am very familiar with and compared it to the Etrac. Target for target. Hands down the Anfibio is considerably deeper. It's a great machine but no machine is great without the user putting the time in to learn it's language. Just this evening i was comparing the 2 machines against each other on the same target, the Anfibio will slam a 10" merc with lots of room to spare. I was glad I had my Predator Little Mac to dig holes. That mini shovel is awesome.

I have the Anfibio multi. Right now I also have 2 FBS machines. I have owned many Deus, love that machine. I have compared the Deus that I am very familiar with and compared it to the Etrac. Target for target. Hands down the Anfibio is considerably deeper. It's a great machine but no machine is great without the user putting the time in to learn it's language. Just this evening i was comparing the 2 machines against each other on the same target, the Anfibio will slam a 10" merc with lots of room to spare. I was glad I had my Predator Little Mac to dig holes. That mini shovel is awesome.
Jeff, I think your on to something !! I am finding the same results. Since Fisher hasn’t developed a modern Tech Cz , and this comes from many years of experience with CZs, ..... The Anfibio fits the bill !! Deeper and precise pinpointing with DD coils . Great audio options. HH Tony

As I’ve started hunting coins in this area more often, desirable age coin size targets begin around 6-7”. In most sites I find it useless to dig anything shallower unless looking for jewelry. That’s never a primary for me. Old is the name of the game. For that I have to punch past the decades of aluminum trash and listen for deeper targets. I am positive that the 10” range is where most of the older stuff lives here. 7-8” gets you back to WW2 era coins.
Unlike Iowa, things really sink in this rainy sandy environment. Depth is much more important. Luckily, in my immediate area the soil is mild. 12-14” minie balls are pretty normal in the woods. They sound amazing on the T2 in BP with stock coil. I’m very tuned to that faint target zip from the Fisher/Tek machines. Faint high or mid-high tones is all I really dig anymore. I’m digging much less modern trash that way.

Jeff, I think your on to something !! I am finding the same results. Since Fisher hasn’t developed a modern Tech Cz , and this comes from many years of experience with CZs, ..... The Anfibio fits the bill !! Deeper and precise pinpointing with DD coils . Great audio options. HH Tony
Well I have a very large area of mowed grass that has a lot of coins from the 30's to the 50's and that means many Mercs. I hunted this very hard with the Etrac but the finds are drying up. The depth limit for my Etrac there is right around 10" with the stock 11" coil. Typically the older coins are around 9" deep here but it drying up is probably just because of the depth I get. I figure the deeper Anfibio will start to pull more out here and then of course with so much iron here the better recovery speed of the Anfibio is a bonus. This may sound like I am knocking the Etrac but I am not. I love the Etrac, heck just look at the amount of finds over the years that it has given so many people.
I am considering a larger coil to use in areas like this over my stock 11" on the Anfibio to get more depth. The Anfibio is a big reason why I bought one of the Predator Little Mac mini shovels.

As I’ve started hunting coins in this area more often, desirable age coin size targets begin around 6-7”. In most sites I find it useless to dig anything shallower unless looking for jewelry. That’s never a primary for me. Old is the name of the game. For that I have to punch past the decades of aluminum trash and listen for deeper targets. I am positive that the 10” range is where most of the older stuff lives here. 7-8” gets you back to WW2 era coins.
Unlike Iowa, things really sink in this rainy sandy environment. Depth is much more important. Luckily, in my immediate area the soil is mild. 12-14” minie balls are pretty normal in the woods. They sound amazing on the T2 in BP with stock coil. I’m very tuned to that faint target zip from the Fisher/Tek machines. Faint high or mid-high tones is all I really dig anymore. I’m digging much less modern trash that way.
Another bonus to the Anfibio is how well its balanced with stock coil and it's built very solid. My Etrac with the stock coil can give my shoulder problems if I hunt to much. I don't have that issue with the Anfibio.