Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

torn out park makes my year

Ed Steinhoff

Finished my third trip yesterday to a small ( 1blk x 1/2 blk ) town park that they have torn out. The sod and underlying soil ( ie: rocks ) has been scraped off and hauled away, on the average of 6 to 9 inches removed.
It is a total trash pit with pull tabs, cans, rusty bolts old horseshoes bits of pipe, iron, and broken glass everywhere.
I ground balanced the f-70 before and during each hunt with settings of disc 16, sens 50, speed dp, tones 3h, thres -3 & 4 and useing the 11" f-75 coil.
I will double grid again with the 5" coil later.
My results ( for me ) were amazing! Silver is hard to find here and it makes my breathing speed way up when it pops out!
3 silver quarters 35, 48, & 52.
2 mercs 42 & 45.
2 rosies 46 & 60.
7 clad quarters, 15 clad dimes, 6 nickles, 51 copper pennys, 18 zinc pennies.
30 wheat pennies 17 (2), 19, 20, 30, 32, 37, 40(3), 42 (4), 44, 46, (2), 47, 49, 51, 52, 53, 55, 56 (3) & 58 (2)
That is more silver and wheats than I normally find in a year!!
As you can see from the dates the park seems to date from the mid 1930's to the present. I will be finding out where they hauled the dirt off too!!
Sorry about 3 pics the same , didn't mean to do that! Still green on this picture loading deal

Yeah...better luck next time maybe...you are a little light on the clad and a bit heavy on the silver and wheats there Ed...keep trying...:rofl:

Man! Stellar! Killer! Outrageous!...:clapping::surprised::puke: Excellent work and dont worry about the pics! I had to look at each one 3 times anyway just to believe my own eyes!:beers:
Mud

Outstanding hunt and solid brain power taking advantage of the tear out. Nice job! HH jim tn

Appreciate the feedback Gentelmen! Forgot to mention the two round objects in the lower right row of bling are two tax tokens, one with the hole is a Colo 2cent and the small one is a New Mexico 5 mil.
HH Ed in co.

n/t

Good job. Way to go on watching for that tear out. That dont happen everyday. Good thing you got in their.
I dont remember where you told me the location of the tearout... KEN. Ind.

A great haul !