Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tot lotting and follow up trip to torn out park

Ed Steinhoff

Spent the day scratching the itch.
I usually hunt solo but today my youngest son volunteered to go along so there were two of us checking the contributions left for discovery by all my happy little depositors!
first we when to a recently built grade school (3 years old) that I clean out about 3 to 4 times a year. It is always a good producer and today was no exception.
My take was 78 coins, all clad and two .925 silver rings, my Sons was 50 coins all clad and some junk bling.
We then went up to the torn out park that has been producing a nice amount of silver and wheat's. We only had a short hunt before rain ran us off but we were not disappointed.
My score was 57 coins including a 1948 silver Washington, 1952 Rosie, and 4 wheat's, 48, 52, 55, and 58.
Adam found a 1942 merc right off the bat and 3 wheat's, 47, 52, and 58.
Our combined total from the park was 53 coins. 1 silver ring
Total score for the day was 217 coins, 37 quarters, 35 dimes, 11 nickles, 99 pennies. 3 silver rings.
All of the park finds were from ground already hunted 3 times, we still have half of the park untouched!My itch is soooo happy tonight!!

That is HUGE!:surprised::drool: Its cool to see you got out with your Son and are also able to cross skills from a totlot to the old dirt and do them both extremely well!:clapping: You gotta listen to that itch more often! Really great hunt!:clapping:
Mud

Jealous. I wish they would just scrape all my parks down about 6 inches or so. I know there is good stuff down there under all that fill dirt/ landscaping. My parks are old enough to have the sort of finds you are making there.