Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tought go sanded in conditions on Labor Day But.....

Buried Crap NJ

Hit the beach 4hrs before low tide, the early morning high tide pull quite a bit of sand down. There was a rolled over 12in cut with a good section of the slope soft! Coins started showing near low but the 4 to 5 foot waves were not conducive to hunting! I had just changed to 50 tones and the first target was a low tone (thinking copper) I glanced at the TID meter and saw 12-10 I have dug quite a few wedding bands at this number and it wasn't changing at any angle. The depth was 6 inches two scoops from the wet sand and I had the band out on the beach, my first thought after picking it up was the silver looking ring was tungsten carbide. All tungsten rings are comfort fit and lazer inscribed and it looked and felt that way. A few hours later back at the car I was surprised to see 14k and it being white gold. 4.7 grams. as you can see the coin count was low and the lack of trash from the current beach conditions.BCNJ

Nice gold! I picked up a gold ring on Saturday, but unfortunately mine said AVON instead of 14K. Thought I had a keeper for a minute or two. Are you still hunting the beach where you were so successful earlier in the year?

I have a pretty big range of beaches I hit during the summer. This was just one of them based on the Labor day weekend.
BCNJ

I havent dug any gold this summer with the CTX I am now going to hunt on open screen. It occurred to me that I might be loosing deep targets.