Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

trade token and strange coin

"Firme y felix por la union" means "firmness and happiness for the union". The coin is from Peru.

for reasons i don't fully understand, Findmall will not permit me to post a link to this reference site (probably because it links to the evil eBay).

i found a reference to your Peruvian 2-Reales coin at World Coin Gallery dot com > Peru > km141 2 Reales (1825-1856). nice find! :thumbup:

Dave & Sangamon, thanks for the input! It would be neet to know the history of this coin, from Peru, to northern ca to be lost, and later found!! To me ,that's what makes this hobby so fun!! thanks again. Jim

Links to Ebay for reference is OK by me. Links to sell/promote something is discouraged by ADMIN.

2R, 10D, 20G

These numbers appear on your coin, another I saw which was a 4 reale had 4R, 10D and ??G

I presume that the R is for Reale. My question is, What are the D and G values, or what do D & G stand for?

I was just curious, as I'm not very familiar with coins other than US and Canadian.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays to all.

Dave

It's certainly in great condition! I trust you'll be working that old site more in the near future.

When I read posts like this I am always curious what search coil was used, as well as the mode and settings were employed
Monte

...i tried to post it as a link and it didnt work. instead, i got this: peruvian 2-reales

i'm pretty sure it was NOT a case of "operator error" because, well, i'm just not that dumb. :rolleyes: no big deal, but it makes it harder for everybody.

i do understand and agree with the stated rules, but i wonder if the blocking software is doing more than it should?

Monte, when I found the trade token I was using a V nulled 950 but have now started using a V nulled 5.3 due to so much trash from old town site! mostly I use C&J default with RX gain set by reading on live probe. This particular site has been tough to get a RX much above 1-3 , so may not be getting much depth, but finding a few old barber dimes and wheat pennies so the place has potential! Just a lot of digging. I'm going to try changing recovery delay to 45 or so ,to see if helps getting more separation! LOTS of junk!!

almost any site I hunt, but especially those trashy sites. i got very good performance with the stock Coin & Jewelry program and usually had the Rx Gain set close to what was "suggested" or, sometimes, a little higher. I also found that if you get too carried away (too radical of an adjustment) with the Recovery Delay it cut in on performance.

Best of luck to you as you re-hunt that site. I love Barber's and Seated's and especially Trade Tokens. :thumbup:

Monte