Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Traditional Archery anyone

I have tried it before but it seems like I will never match Katniss Everdeen's talent. I can't even hit the target, but it is a fun activity.

I have since 12 yr old off and on that been about 66yr now

Years ago .indoor range, site, and instinctive

I purchased a compound bow about 25 years ago and used it to deer hunt. A couple years later I upgraded to a better bow. Then decided that I wanted a recurve and purchased a custom made take down recurve. It was a beautiful piece of equipment. I would spend a couple hours every day shooting for practice with those bows. Took a number of deer with the compounds but never got comfortable enough with the recurve to deer hunt with it. I never knew from one day to the next how well I would shoot the recurve. One day I could shoot an arrow pull it out of the target, walk back 20-25 yards and put the arrow in the hole that I had just taken it out of. then there were days that the target laughed at my feeble attempts. Then my shoulders started screaming at me after each shooting session even though I reduced the draw weight of the compounds. Doctor told me to QUIT before I did real damage to my shoulders. So I sold the recurve and put the compound away. I miss the time spent with the bows.