Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trash coil -- 6" excelerator vs 8 x 6 sef

Eddie(AL)

I've had the SE for less than a month now and need to get a coil for trashy areas. I had been set on the 6"excelerator, but on reading about the 8x6 sef I'm not sure anymore. What are your thoughts as to target separation, depth, stability differences -- or just your own biased preferences? Thanks.

While your waiting for a response from someone who knows more than me...... you can type in the 6 inch Excelerator or 6 X 8 SEF in the search box and get a lot of education in a hurry from previous posts .....:thumbup:

I'm not sure if this will be any help but I have the 5x7 excelerator and the 8x6 SEF and both are very good for hunting the trashy sites. I like the EQ cause I can wiggle it around and under stuff and get into some tight places. On the other hand the SEF definitely goes a little deeper for me. I can't say one is more stable than the other but I think the excelerator separates a little better for me on my explorer II. here's a side by side physical look.