Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trash numbers

dirt lizard

I'm trying to make a program that cuts down on my trash finds. So far I left out 10,11,15,16, and 40. Is this enough?

I find that each person has to make his own program for the way that he/she hunts, where he/she hunts, what kind of ground that he/she hunts and what he/she is hunting for. I think you are on the right track if you are hunting modern, trashy parks. It has a lot to do with hearing so many signals in a trashy park and figuring which ones to dig, how much you are willing to dig and how much your brain can stand to hear. Also figured in this is what shape your body is in and how old you may be. Age has a lot to do with how long one can stay out and how much digging can be done. Some say dig everything and disc nothing. Some of us can not do that and understand that when you disc out segments, you are going to miss some goodies. Also look into the tone settings, segment volumes and tone breaks as that can help a lot to determine if you want to dig or not. Give yourself a few more hours and play around with settings until you are happy.

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Gold jewelry can come in at any of the numbers you have excluded. If you are finding a bunch of “trash” at a certain number - for example whole broken off rectangular can tabs, just ignore that number. Likewise if you are where somebody has fired 50 rounds of 22 ammo, the hulls will likely come up within a few numbers - ignore those.

If you hate zinc pennies, you may have a problem, as they corrode, they can give off lots of different numbers!

I have the 600 model so finding gold isn't that easy as it is with the 800. I do hunt a lot of old 1800 era parks that do have a lot of trash from years past. I'm still trying to run across a gold item in which the only number I know for gold is 18 which I have kept. Any other numbers for gold on the 600? I'm still learning this machine gradually.

dirt lizard said:
I have the 600 model so finding gold isn't that easy as it is with the 800. I do hunt a lot of old 1800 era parks that do have a lot of trash from years past. I'm still trying to run across a gold item in which the only number I know for gold is 18 which I have kept. Any other numbers for gold on the 600? I'm still learning this machine gradually.

The two Search modes (Gold 1 and Gold 2) on the 800 are used for gold nugget detecting. It does not mean that the 800 is better for detecting gold rings (for example) than the 600, since both used the same Search Modes (Park, Beach, and Field). Yes, you can use the two 800 Gold Search Modes for detecting anything you like, but other than these two Modes both detectors are identical.

All that notching is going to cost you a big chunk of possible targets. Gold jewelry can come in almost anywhere on the scale

lytle78 said:
All that notching is going to cost you a big chunk of possible targets. Gold jewelry can come in almost anywhere on the scale

This is so true. Stop with all that notching. Gold is not everywhere, it's hard to find if it wasn't everyone would be finding it everyday.

dirt lizard said:
I'm still trying to run across a gold item in which the only number I know for gold is 18 which I have kept. Any other numbers for gold on the 600?

Gold isn't in just one spot on the ID scale...it's potentially everywhere.
Depending on the size and purity it can literally be any number.

Same with trash.

Good luck with the new EQ, and have fun...
:)
mike

for me the odds of finding gold where I hunt isn't good at all...if I dug all the numbers like he has out .trying to find gold I would dig 100,000 holes before I might find gold....so I have them notched out and save a lot of digging...now if I had a beach that would be diff....nearest lake beach is like an hour away..:sadwalk:

Ksdirt said:
for me the odds of finding gold where I hunt isn't good at all...if I dug all the numbers like he has out .trying to find gold I would dig 100,000 holes before I might find gold....so I have them notched out and save a lot of digging...now if I had a beach that would be diff....nearest lake beach is like an hour away..:sadwalk:

He notch out almost all the gold numbers and "40" don't know what that's all about?

dirt lizard said:
I have the 600 as well, I’ve found one small 10k ring that came in as a 7.

It appears you are hunting for anything valuable and not really concentrating on say gold, coins or relics.

Robert..... on many machines we used to notch out that highest digit for a reason....... wrap around from iron and hot rocks since that normally was the only targets falling in that digit. It allowed us to run our machines a bit hotter.

I guess my question is why notch? You seem to know the digits.... just walk away. But the problem is PARTS of trash targets and depth give you different digits...... so does gold. I noticed you didnt knock out any of the digits...... 0 to 5. Much more trash there in the form of foil..... yes you loose the really small gold, but some prefer the BIG gold anyway...... and doesnt park settings have 0-1 digit notched? Ive got two rings i wear..... both very heavy 14K.... and both are a solid 15... ugh. Ive learned bottle caps .... at least the shallow ones pretty well and at depth those bottle caps give me a GREAT single tone of 8 or 10 digits..... which by the way i would check even with my 3030. BUT.... there are occasions i choose not to dig these as well as shallow 14 (pull tabs). On the beach im looking for anything of value...... so i run AM with iron turned down to 2. Then i make a choice on repeatable targets.

Thanks Dew, That sounds like something I will put in and leave the rest alone. I also have my speed at 2 and sens at 23.

dewcon4414 said:
It appears you are hunting for anything valuable and not really concentrating on say gold, coins or relics.

Robert..... on many machines we used to notch out that highest digit for a reason....... wrap around from iron and hot rocks since that normally was the only targets falling in that digit. It allowed us to run our machines a bit hotter.

I guess my question is why notch? You seem to know the digits.... just walk away. But the problem is PARTS of trash targets and depth give you different digits...... so does gold. I noticed you didnt knock out any of the digits...... 0 to 5. Much more trash there in the form of foil..... yes you loose the really small gold, but some prefer the BIG gold anyway...... and doesnt park settings have 0-1 digit notched? Ive got two rings i wear..... both very heavy 14K.... and both are a solid 15... ugh. Ive learned bottle caps .... at least the shallow ones pretty well and at depth those bottle caps give me a GREAT single tone of 8 or 10 digits..... which by the way i would check even with my 3030. BUT.... there are occasions i choose not to dig these as well as shallow 14 (pull tabs). On the beach im looking for anything of value...... so i run AM with iron turned down to 2. Then i make a choice on repeatable targets.
I second that opinion:clapping: well said Dew!!
Jeff