Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trashy Mode Program Does Great

DaveStar

Several weeks ago, I downloaded a "trashy mode" program from this website. Unfortunately, I can not remember who posted it, so I don't know who to thank. Yesterday, I went to an old home site where they had torn down three houses built in the 1940's. The entire site was littered with nails, old iron, pieces of cooper pipe and every type of junk imaginable. I didn't expect to find anything, but I wanted to use this opportunity to learn more about my CTX.

I started out using a combined mode/ferrous coin and then tried the various types of discrimination. It was so noisy I could not use it. I then switched to the "trashy" program I had downloaded. It worked like a charm.
The readings were slightly different than what I am accustomed to in combine mode, but it was quiet and effective. I was also surprised that normal recovery worked better than fast recovery.

I found the following coins, but have not had a chance to clean them up yet:

* thirty-seven pennies - the oldest one I could read was 1944
* six dimes - one silver
* three quarters

Below are pictures of the site, the coins and a screen shot of the program. Based on the junk cluttering the site, I was very impressed with the CTX's performance. Thanks to the member who posted the program.

Dave

I have a trashy program like that i use all the time. It works really well in parks. Some guys
dont like it because you will miss gold and other old coins. But what they dont understand is that
alot of parks are no older than the early 1900's, and there won't be those old three cent piece's or
flying eagle's anyway. Plus you can go through an area and cherry pick the silver, wheaties, and indians.
After those are out of the way, one could always go back and look for the gold jewelry. Just a thought.

Anyway's, congrat's on the great finds. I guarantee you there will be more. HH

Congrats on the hunt.

That looks like Ronfin's trashy park program to me...

That's my pattern, but I use "mine" loosely. First, it's Minelab's. Then Bill S discriminated a lot out, and then I took the one he made, and I removed some spots to allow gold signals, and opened more of the Fe 12 line which you have running now. Glad it's working so well for you. I'm not complaining either. Pulled 5 silver in 3 days recently using it, along with a deep large copper. :)

Also, the "mode" was put together by GH and another gent that I can't think of his name. Credit goes to this Community for everyone helping one anther with input on what works, and what doesn't.