Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Traveling out of the USA with Ctx

Make sure your suitcase is large enough, the lower rod is LONG. Make it has some padding under and over it because baggage handlers are rough. Put the EMPTY alkaline battery pod on, if there is no battery its a lot easier for a latch to get broken (personal experience on that!)

Thats about all I do when I travel with mine. It does take up a lot of room, dont wait until the last second to try to pack.

Sonny1965 said:
Will they let me take the detector as a carry on

Thats going to depend entirely on the TSA screening agent you go through.

For my trips to England I always pack all my detectors in a hardcase and check it.
My buddy who is a pilot places his two CTX's in a backpack with the ends of the shaft sticking out the top of the back pack and carries them on.
He has less trouble with security than I do as they always think mine is a weapons case LOL