Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Travelling to Florida looking for info

utmike

I will be spending a week in Orlando soon and will have a few days to get out with my detector. Not asking for anyone to give up there great spots but would sincerely appreciate any advice on where I can go to do a little beach hunting (or areas to avoid for safety). I'll be using an Equinox 800 but not really looking to wander into the waves. I have done some fresh water beaches but am really more of a ghost town hunter than anything. The regulations, "cuts", dry vs. wet sand topics are fairly new to me. Thanks in advance for any spots and tips you might be willing to share.

Daytona, Cocoa beach or the Treasure Coast if your looking to hunt salt water beaches which is a good choice.
Anything found from the sand dunes to the waterline is yours to keep.
Never go on the dunes they get the big ass about that.

Daytona, Cocoa beach or the Treasure Coast if your looking to hunt salt water beaches which is a good choice.
Anything found from the sand dunes to the waterline is yours to keep.
Never go on the dunes they get the big ass about that.
Thanks U2Robert! I've been watching a bunch of videos and reading info online for Florida regs. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Lots of hunters hit the beaches so minimal targets usually. Look for cuts but you need to be early in the morning!

Stay out of the water along the treasure coast. There is a lot of legal stuff going on with leases and if they catch you in the water at all, you will most probably get a visit from some government employee.

My best finds in Florida were not in the most popular beaches. They were the beaches that have very few access points and are not named. Just beaches along the waterfront where hotels or houses are present. Those beaches are not hunted to death and there are a lot of old drops that have never had a coil go over them.

Lots of detectors and lots of sand at Daytona. Consider New Smyrna Beach south of Daytona or St Augustine Beach further north. The finds are out there and the 800 is a great machine in both the wet and dry sand. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Timing is everything when you beach hunt.
Tide & how much sand the waves are bringing in or out
means everything.
low tide good
Lots of sand Bad