Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Treasure-Hunting Woman Gets Lost in Cold Forest

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/04/new-mexico-man-officials-say-was-caught-digging-for-buried-treasure-to-face/?test=latestnews

Boy.....I can't even afford to die!
Guess I get to live forever.

Put everything into a trust fund with your children as beneficaries...It lives on forever without inheiritance/death taxes. We have a special needs trust set up for Katie our daughter with cerebral palsy; little bit different but it protects the money from everybody that wants to grab a share when you die.

I'm all for burying your money and giving others a shot at finding it. Or giving it all away just before you kick the bucket. Withdraw everything as cash and give it all to whomever you want!

In case you missed it, a man was arrested for looking for Fenn's fortune.

" will be charged under a state law making it a misdemeanor to "excavate, injure, destroy or remove any cultural resource or artifact" on State Game Commission land

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/04/new-mexico-man-officials-say-was-caught-digging-for-buried-treasure-to-face/#ixzz2PmPwXWiv

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/04/new-mexico-man-officials-say-was-caught-digging-for-buried-treasure-to-face/

[size=large]My big dream was to join in the hunt for the Lost Dutchman. been reading on it since i was 12. now 62 and know better or at least think i found it.
well not really found it but figured out it's been found and is right in front of the publics face. no proof and haven't even been to Scottsdale, AZ. but i'm pretty sure.
Also didn't i read the old guy , forest finn, don't have cancer any longer? i agree with H.C. Bell about how to go about the clues. the years are gone but had some real nice dreams chasing the L.D.M. in my head. same can be done for Finns treasure.

HH[/size]

If you're out searching for Forest's Treasure and living your dream.....I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon. Be careful and be sure to take a camera...mother nature has placed some of her own treasures out there as well! Let us see what you've found on your hunt....post your photos here at FindMall!

Thanks,

H.Charles

The Lost Dutchman has claimed quite a few lives and I hope this treasure doesn't cost anymore lives. Money is no good to a dead man or woman. Quite a few reputable treasure hunters have said the Lost Dutchman's mine never existed. There was a fictional novel years ago and I want to think it was written by Gordon D. Shereff's or something or another and the title was: Manhunter or The Manhunter and it was a spell binding novel of greed and murder and treachery and gold seems to bring this out in some people. Glad I've never been tempted by money this way.

There's a lot of information on the Internet about the Lost Dutchman Mine and a bunch of maps of it's supposed location. With today's technology you'd think that someone would have found this with all of the people that have looked for it.

One thing I see is a lot of treasure caches that are claimed to exist that were never actually there at all. There are at least two pretty popular writers of treasure guides that are known to have made up stories of treasures. Some of the caches that they write about never existed before their books coming out and there is absolutely no history of these caches before their books appeared on the market beginning in the 1970's. They have also refused to answer any questions concerning the sources of their information. What does that tell you?

Make sure you do enough research to verify the authenticity of a cache before being set on a wild goose chase by these guys books for a treasure that doesn't exist.

Research the background on guys like Jamison and Scully and see what they have REALLY discovered in their lifetime. Don't believe anything that you read on the Internet. Do the research for yourself using as many first hand written documents as you can get.

Does Forset Fenn's treasure exist? Probably
Will it be easy to find? Probably Not
Cryptic clues and landmarks that are familiar to him are not familiar to others. He intends for this to be his legacy and wants people to be hunting for this years into the future. Don't expect it to come easily and expect a fight with the New Mexico government and the US government if you do find it.

This poem written by Forrest Fenn contains nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of his rainbow and the treasure. Happy Hunting!

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
And
take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it's no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There'll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answer I already know,
I've done it tired, and now I'm weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold.

Also he has a book called The Thrill of the Chase and a web page and i think a face book page. This book is the remarkable true story of Forrest Fenns life and of a hidden treasure, secreted somewhere in the mountains north of Santa Fe. The book contains clues to the treasures location as Forrest Fenn invites readers to join in The Thrill of the Chase. If you are searching for Forrests treasure please stay safe, take adequate supplies and a GPS. The chest is not in a dangerous place. Remember, it weighs 42 pounds and an old man carried it to its secret location. Keep your children close in the mountains and search at your own risk. Good luck in the chase.