Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TreasurePro vs all others in it's class

Chief82

I'm looking for honest opinions of this detector vs any of its competitors in this class of detector. Please hold your comments if you received a new unit that needed to be sent back, I keep reading about an early issue that caused some issues on the first run of these. Word doesn't seem to have made its way to these owners. Anyways, how does this detector stack up against the others? I watched all the Carolina Coin Hunter videos and he seems genuinely excited about this detector. I am trying to decide which detector to go with, for some reason I keep coming back to this one, it looks way nicer than its competition, but I understand that looks aren't everything. Would you choose this detector over any other in the sub $400 class? Thank you in advance, looking forward to hearing back from you all.

I would choose a used DFX over this new any day. I started with a Coinmaster GT which has all the same functionality and was the same price. After a year it was too limiting and I moved to the older DFX which is many many times the machine for the same price point. Just realize if you go with the TM new and in 6 months you want more, you are probably going to have a hard time selling it for anything close to what you payed. I still have the CMGT as I would loose my shirt selling it after buying 2 additional coils for it.

with a $399 msrp, in all honesty, i would throw a bit more cash on the deal and look for a nice used MX5. Much better machine and coil selection. Monte and I happened into a dealer that had the treasure master. After a quick few test with the machine....it was disappointing at best.

I like the Treasure Pro personally. I've found quite a few nice things with it while testing. It's a solid machine. If you compare by price on a site like Kellyco, it does stack up well against the other machines in that price range. I agree with the others that if you save more money you could go up the line to a more powerful unit from Whites, or buy a used machine like the DFX . Those are both viable options, but if you are looking for a new unit with a factory warranty for $369.00 then the TP is a good choice. I'd check out reviews of the machines you are interested in and then decide. If you want to move up the ladder after a year or so, you can keep the machine as a back up or as a loaner for a buddy. I have several :) The only thing I could say about the TP that some people may not like is that it's optimal sweep speed is about two seconds from side to side.You can go faster, but if you lose your threshold slow it back down, you are over a rejected item! It doesn't have a very fast recovery speed, but it does see deep when you are working it slow or a bit quicker. Some machines may have a faster recovery,but if you get into a situation where slow and low is best, depth will suffer. Watch any air test where they are whipping coins back and forth faster than you could ever swing a coil to get it to look deep! LOl. Most of the other machines are silent search. If you go over a rejected item you won't even know you did.

Am I going to sell my V3i ? No, but the TP is great entry level machine. Auto trac, trac lock, all metals with target ID, beach mode, back light, DD search coil, adjustable threshold..... Not bad in my book.

Great analysis Gene, I share the same opinions of the T Pro, I was pretty impressed with it and like the display too. I have to give it a :thumbup: