Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tried my Minelab Pro Find 40 Pinpointer first time today , it get's thumbs up from me.

professor-tones

i am Impressed with this latest pinpointer from minelab, , it's very fast , deep , hot as hell , normally i am critical of pinpointers but this one gets a 9 out of ten from me.
loosing only 1 point because it is not recheargeable. Much better than the pro find 35 i had for a week.

How's depth ?
How's the tow tones working ?
The depth on in ground targets is very similar to Garrett Pro Pointer AT. i's good. No false low tones, Looks and feels excellent.
Can detect a large coin at almost 5 inches( in air ) on max sensitivity. In the field air test was about 4 to 5 inches on a medium sized coin. There are 5 sensitivity levels. 4 is good , 5 gives even better depth.
For me it's a keeper i like it. The only 1 thing that SUCKS is it's not recheargeable. I was hitting 6 inch deep chunks of can slaw from above with it !

Last edited:
The depth on in ground targets is very similar to Garrett Pro Pointer AT. i's good. No false low tones, Looks and feels excellent.
Can detect a large coin at 5 to 6 inches in air on max sensitivity. There are 5 sensitivity levels. 4 is good , 5 gives even better depth.
For me it's a keeper i like it. The only 1 thing that SUCKS is it's not recheargeable.
Thanks Professor.

My first pin-pointer was a Garrett and my second was a Sunray on a Whites XLT. The Garrett was good but some times was not directional enough and did not provide any info on target type the Sunray was very directional and did tell something about what I was looking for. When in the final step of target finding I think direction is more important than type of target - how directional is the new profind?

My first pin-pointer was a Garrett and my second was a Sunray on a Whites XLT. The Garrett was good but some times was not directional enough and did not provide any info on target type the Sunray was very directional and did tell something about what I was looking for. When in the final step of target finding I think direction is more important than type of target - how directional is the new profind?
I would rate it 7 out of 10 for it's directional pinpointing , the XP MI4 would score a 9 out of ten. The more sensitivity that is used reduces it's directional pinpointing possibly. It's just another toy to enjoy and play with really.
:)

Thanks for the review. I have an older Makro pinpointer that has been very good to me over the years, but it is starting to die and I am looking for another pinpointer. I did have a Pro-find 35 for a short time but let it go with a detector I sold. I have used the Garrett "carrot" in the past as well. So, the new Pro-find 40 is worth buying? I am a Minelab fanboy, have been for years and I like to try to stay brand-loyal but I had been reading some bad reviews; maybe not bad reviews as much as comparisons stating that it wasn't a big leap over the 35. Your thoughts? :)