Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tried out the V rated 5.3 eclipse today and really liked it.

nw1886

Went out for a couple hours today and put the 5.3 V optimized on...found coins that just weren't there before! Monte said this was a goodie and I have no doubt now! This area had been "cleaned up" with dozer work back in the 80's and the only areas that still produce are up next to the trees, at the edges of the field, and it's all extremely littered with iron. Pulled out a silver Rosie, '37 Buffalo and two V nickels though! That little loop was punching down easily to 7 inches! Using TX boost was a little too much as leaving it off and cranking up the other stuff gave the best depth by far. There was just too much decomposed iron for it to deal with? Played with it quite a bit and TX was just not good here.

One thing that really torqued me was the people who went through and detected the same area recently. They dug a lot of targets (most needlessly as I've worked this place well) and they left it pretty rough. Granted, this place only gets a "field mow" but it is still a public park and half the battle for good relations is to minimize any visual impact...and at least pick up your retrieved garbage. Filled up my pouch with there garbage and at least the place looks better. Sure was nice to get out and hunt without it just being a few minutes here and there!

One thing that really torqued me was the people who went through and detected the same area recently. They dug a lot of targets (most needlessly as I've worked this place well) and they left it pretty rough. Granted, this place only gets a "field mow" but it is still a public park and half the battle for good relations is to minimize any visual impact...and at least pick up your retrieved garbage. Filled up my pouch with there garbage and at least the place looks better. Sure was nice to get out and hunt without it just being a few minutes here and there!

My pet peeve... I hunt several parks and I cannot understand why people cut complete round holes, pull the plug then half arse replace the plug. Granted, sometimes, when it is dry, a three or even two sided plug will come completely out but it can be replaced and pounded with the digger until you cannot tell anything was done.

I also hunt yards a lot and before I take anyone to a yard I always take them to a park to see how they recover and leave the hole and whether they carry out all trash. I seldom find anyone I will take into somones yard. I have a couple of buddies I will take. I try to teach them how to do it right but I leave it at that, I'm not willing to take a chance with someone else's lawn.

My favorite park is a 10 minute drive down the road and isn't hunted much, mostly just me and one other friend. The last couple of times we were there though we could see where someone had been doing a poor job at recovery. I hope they don't get us kicked out. Morons...

I am just on the verge of buying a V-3. I am thinking about getting the Elipse 4x6 coil to go with the stock coil. This machine may by the one to replace the E-TRAC... we'll see.

Julien