Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tried something out of character for the Nox

Grunter

I was out hunting the wet sand last night just before low tide 1 am,almost a full moon and only partly cloudy. Enjoyed the peace and solitude. I was digging bottle cap after bottle cap and pulling the coil back in all metal to hear the iron grunt.Also dug many pull tabs. Got tired of hearing the same old worn out tones and only retrieving junk. Placed the Nox in field mode 2 and was expecting alot of chatter. It was surprisingly quiet. It went totally silent on the caps and pull tabs. It started hitting on coins with high tones and the correct vdi. The tones were some what broken at first but settled down if you hovered over the target. I didn't check my recovery speed but think if I slowed iy down it would hit strong.I did find a good sized gold plated ear ring that hit a solid 2-3 with a repeatable mid tone. I'm going to experiment more with different settings.

I've also had pretty good luck with Field 2 on coins in some iron-filled sites. Goes against most advice, but definitely something to it.

"The Secret of the Sauce!" = experimentation.

Keep it up.
You've gotta try everything in order to truly master this one!

I'm not so sure when I tried Field 2 that it took care of the tops n tabs...I doubt it?"