Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tried this today interesting results

c t

Bored thismorning. Waiting to go to doc. Set up the etrac on my bench. Airtest bench that is. OK. Decided to use a CD. As a ground balance in air. Held the cd 8 ins directly in front of coil obtained noise cancel. OK tested several small gold items 1) small gold 14k earring no post clamp. Got minimal signal at 25sens in manual. 2ins in air. OK placed the earring behind the cd held it in place. 3.5ins good signal. Next the thin chain 14k. In a ball 1.2 ins lumped behind the cd 3ins good signal. I repeated this test with 10k. Then silver coins as well as copper coins 69cal ball and a few other misc. Items in air good results behind the cd excellent. My guess that fbs tech need some sort of matrix to achieve great results so the idea that fbs is way deeper inground. Is a fact. I've seen many posts on this subject. My opinion yes airtesting an fbs unit and inground preformance. Are 2 different things in ground Deeper for sure. But also more sensitive to Gold. HH to all. C t

Were the IDs accurate for the target metal?
CDs contain some type of aluminum i think which could be the reason for a better air test. I would think while it detected better with the CD, the CD would also skew the ID off from typical.

I think part of all this is that whatevers going on with FBS, its calibrated for soil conditions likely the reason for the neutral or difficult ground options.
One thing i never tried is to see if there's any difference between neutral and difficult settings for air testing.

Just retested to be sure. I'd is textbook. Tried a variety of settings in retest. Fast on deep off actually gave a bit greater depth. No signal from cd. In either. HH c t